Home General Discussion

best smoke for the money

jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
i was thinking of buying a box of premium smokes , looking for suggestions of what everyone thinks would be box worthy, only boxes ive bough so far is oliva v's and cccom sungrown which i love both, but as far as premiums, like maduro or natural etc, like cocoa flavors with a lil spice, suggestions for boxes please maybe to a max. of $150-300 a box was looking at the la flor dom. maybe

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    There are a hell of alot of great cigars in that price range per box. What jumps to mind initially are:

Tatuaje Reserva J21
    Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
    Tatuaje Cojonu 2006
    Alec Bradley Tempus ( I personally prefer the Quadrum size)
    Arturo Fuente Don Carlos
    Illusione MJ12

I can keep going, but all the above are top-notch smokes that I don't think you would be disappointed with.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    almost tried the mk ill. today , any difference in the one you mentioned , size or blend? j21 sounds good, pm me if you know where i can get best price
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    If you can find a box of Padrons, you will not likely be disapointed.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    I personally love La Flor Dominicana Airbenders. They are within your price range.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    AVO Heritage, Padron maduro, or Oliva G Maduro.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Or, get 3 boxes of mow puro authenticos.
    thanks for the suggestions, look into these tommorow, this diamond crown maximus is coming around great but not worth all that $$, but has been a great smoke with about 3 inches left, lol
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Puro Authentico, no question
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    Hello
    I saw your post and wanted to suggest a personal favorite, now its not Tatuaje or Arturo Fuente but, as far as value goes, i'd say it one of the best. The 5 Vegas AAA, you should be able to get a box for 70 or 80 bucks. These have a great flavor profile and burn evenly with a nice near white ash and always easy but not to easy draw. I really suggest this because I love both lines your mentioned. So, I would suggest, picking up 2 of these boxes and saving the rest of your cash for a couple tasty dailys, which lets be honest will be right around the corner soon.
    Happy Smoking!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    If you're going to spend 300 dollars on a box and you like some spice and cocoa... get a box of Anejo...
    jj20030:
    almost tried the mk ill. today , any difference in the one you mentioned , size or blend? j21 sounds good, pm me if you know where i can get best price
    The MK is the corona, right? As far as I know, the blend is the same in all the sizes, the only difference would be whatever differences the sizes/shapes make. IMO, they are phenomenal smokes, but that doesn't seem to be a universally shared opinion. However, I don't believe I've met anyone who dislikes the Reserva J21.

As far as price goes, you are probably going to get the best price by emailing or calling Ccom. Tatuaje maintains pretty strict price control (thanks Wayne, lol), and due to this, you won't see much variation in price from site to site. I have looked for them all over, and have never found them significantly cheaper anywhere else. In alot of cases, however, Tim (or any of the other sales reps I'm sure) can knock a little off the top with a "telemarketing discount".
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    docbp87:
    If you're going to spend 300 dollars on a box and you like some spice and cocoa... get a box of Anejo...
    agreed. absolutely. there is no other stick like it.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Alex Svenson:
    Going to fire one up right now.........
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Alex Svenson:

Plus me!!! Buying another box today. Love these cigars. Good 45 minutes to an hour. Can't beat that flavor and spice, just right for me.
    RCY Cigars:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Alex Svenson:

Plus me!!! Buying another box today. Love these cigars. Good 45 minutes to an hour. Can't beat that flavor and spice, just right for me.
    It seems like absolutely everyone is a fan of these. I'm not too big on the regular MoW or Ruination, and the Virtue was a little better than just okay. I do have a Puro sitting in my humidor now though, so I guess I'll give it a shot.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    alienmisprint:
    RCY Cigars:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Alex Svenson:

It seems like absolutely everyone is a fan of these. I'm not too big on the regular MoW or Ruination, and the Virtue was a little better than just okay. I do have a Puro sitting in my humidor now though, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

For you Alien, it might be what most of you experienced smokers call a firecracker. I've heard individuals say that it's not enough and I here some say it is. Bang for you buck, that price for ten sticks. That's enough firecracker for me.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:
    RCY Cigars:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Alex Svenson:

For you Alien, it might be what most of you experienced smokers call a firecracker. I've heard individuals say that it's not enough and I here some say it is. Bang for you buck, that price for ten sticks. That's enough firecracker for me.
    Yes! The Puro is the bees knees!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    best smoke for the money? Box of Diesel unlimiteds, $3 per cigar (d.5) $60/ box
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Krieg:
    best smoke for the money? Box of Diesel unlimiteds, $3 per cigar (d.5) $60/ box
    +1
    got with tim today for a box of mow puros with the mow 6 cigar upgrade ( 2 mow, 2 ruination and 2 virtues) for 64.95 + 5.00 for the upgrade and 2 of the macanudo vintage maduro toros for 15.50 for 2,, got 10 liga privada no.9 toro from elsewhere