Home General Discussion

Gurkha Centurian

ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
Just had this for the first time last night and was surprised with how much I liked it.   I'm still learning what I like and don't like and the flavors associated, etc..  What other cigars would be similar to this?  Thanks in advance for any help.

My other favorite brands are Camacho (Corojo) and Padron (3000, and Anniversary).  Camacho seems quite bit different than this but Padron seems a little closer.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I have yet to find a cigar thats tasted like the centurian...

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Same as Stephen, I haven't had a cigar I would say tastes like the Centurian. However, if you did like the Centurian, I'd recommend the Legend and Royal Brigade as well. I may be wrong on this, but I believe they are all the same blend, but with different wrappers. The Centurian is a Connecticut, Legend is a Maduro(Connecticut broadleaf), and Royal Brigade is Cameroon.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    alienmisprint:
    Same as Stephen, I haven't had a cigar I would say tastes like the Centurian. However, if you did like the Centurian, I'd recommend the Legend and Royal Brigade as well. I may be wrong on this, but I believe they are all the same blend, but with different wrappers. The Centurian is a Connecticut, Legend is a Maduro(Connecticut broadleaf), and Royal Brigade is Cameroon.
    Actually, the Centurian is a blend of its own. The Legend and Royal Brigade, however, are the same internal blend, but with different wrappers.
    wwhwang:
    alienmisprint:
    Actually, the Centurian is a blend of its own. The Legend and Royal Brigade, however, are the same internal blend, but with different wrappers.
    So I was right, I was wrong on that. Ha! Like how I turned that around so I'm still right? Kidding aside, I still recommend the Legend and Royal Brigade, as they are both great smokes.
    alienmisprint:
    wwhwang:
    alienmisprint:
    So I was right, I was wrong on that. Ha! Like how I turned that around so I'm still right? Kidding aside, I still recommend the Legend and Royal Brigade, as they are both great smokes.
    Hold up. Sorry, I got it backwards. The Royal Brigade and Centurian are the ones that are the same blend. Thr Royal Brigade is the cameroon and the Centurian was made before that with a sungrown Connecticut wrapper. It's the Legend that's a blend of its own.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Haven't had another cigar that reminds me of the Centurian. That's one of the things that I like about it.
    wwhwang:
    alienmisprint:
    wwhwang:
    alienmisprint:
    Hold up. Sorry, I got it backwards. The Royal Brigade and Centurian are the ones that are the same blend. Thr Royal Brigade is the cameroon and the Centurian was made before that with a sungrown Connecticut wrapper. It's the Legend that's a blend of its own.
    That makes a little more sense, out of the three I prefer the Royal Brigade and Centurian the most. Again though, the Royal Brigade doesn't taste like the Centurian, but there are similar qualities and its a great smoke nonetheless.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    I smoked my first Centurian last night. I thought it was good, but not great. I liked the flavor, but I thought it was a little one dimensional. Burn and draw were great, though.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    My first was a disaster. Wrapper issues from the time I lit it till the time I snubbed it. Flavor was good, but didn't think it was worth the price they ordinarily run at.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    It hit me yesterday, a smoke that kinda resembles the centurian.
    The La Aroma de Cuba Edition Especial. While not the same many of he characteristics are the similar.

stephen_hannibal:
    It hit me yesterday, a smoke that kinda resembles the centurian.
    The La Aroma de Cuba Edition Especial. While not the same many of he characteristics are the similar.

Huh. I never made a connection between the two, but then again, I seriously doubt I have ever smoked those two anywhere near each other, chronologically speaking. I might have to fire one of each of those up pretty close to each other and see if I agree with you. Damn Stephen, there you go, basically forcing me to smoke more cigars.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    My favorite Gurkha is the Warlord but I would also recommend the Signature Red.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Well, I just finished the Centurian in the company of RCY and others. For a newbie I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Each draw had something different to offer. Will definitely purchase some in the future.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Lakota72:
    Well, I just finished the Centurian in the company of RCY and others. For a newbie I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Each draw had something different to offer. Will definitely purchase some in the future.
    If you're patient these do come up on daily deals every now and then.
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    bigharpoon:
    Lakota72:
    Thanks for the info. I usually check deals everyday. Now that they changed the daily deal to three deals hopefully that will increase the chances of a Centurian deal.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    I really like the Centurian...now I know what I'm going to smoke today. Don't forget sometimes they can work out something for you if you call in. Which reminds me I need to see how many of these I have left.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Lakota72:
    bigharpoon:
    Lakota72:
    Thanks for the info. I usually check deals everyday. Now that they changed the daily deal to three deals hopefully that will increase the chances of a Centurian deal.
    Lakota, you have a pm.
    Anyone else get the Centurian email deal?
    alienmisprint:
    Yup. I hate being broke lol. So many amazing deals lately.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    alienmisprint:
    No :(
    ENFIDL:
    alienmisprint:
    Forwarded email to you, Elijah.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    wwhwang:
    ENFIDL:
    alienmisprint:
    Forwarded email to you, Elijah.
    Thanks Wayne, you rock brother!
    wwhwang:
    alienmisprint:
    Yup. I hate being broke lol. So many amazing deals lately.
    I had to pass on it too! Dang it all
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Just smoked my 1st one last night. Decent smoke, but no where near the $30 msrp they are listed for. But for the $3 I picked them up at, well worth it.
    zeebra:
    Just smoked my 1st one last night. Decent smoke, but no where near the $30 msrp they are listed for. But for the $3 I picked them up at, well worth it.
    Agreed if you can find a great deal on these pick them up but def. not a $30 stick. The price Ccom had on them was a good deal imo.