Home Non Cigar Related

Help dropping hints....

alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
Ok guys, so here's the deal. My wife is a wonderful, loving, supportive spouse. I could not ask for a better woman, I love her with all my heart and I truly do believe we will be together until one of us dies. That being said, she sucks at giving presents. To give her due credit, she has been getting better the past year or two, but she still doesn't go much further than to get me something I directly ask for. I want to drop some hints for what my wife should get me for father's day.

So, any ideas? I pretty much want cigars or a new tattoo machine, and since a box of cigars is going to be waaaaay cheaper than a new machine, cigars it is, lol. I'd like to be surprised, but I don't want a box of cigars I won't like. I have a few in mind (Xikar HC Criollo, Tatuaje Reserva J21, AB Prensado), but I don't know how to drop the hints for her so that they are effective enough to work but at the same time subtle enough that I'm not just telling her, "Buy me a box of these." Advice?

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Do you have a wishlist written up? If so, "accidentally" leave that or a CCom catalog out with the Prensado or Tatuaje J21 circled.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    I kid you not, last year I took the CCom Christmas catalog and circled the stuff i would like to get. When she asked for ideas I made mention of the catalog and that I had circled some stuff i would like to get.
    Try that approach and circle a ton of stuff. That way you'll have no idea what you're getting but you know it'll be something you want/like.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    alienmisprint:
    Ok guys, so here's the deal. My wife is a wonderful, loving, supportive spouse. I could not ask for a better woman, I love her with all my heart and I truly do believe we will be together until one of us dies. That being said, she sucks at giving presents. To give her due credit, she has been getting better the past year or two, but she still doesn't go much further than to get me something I directly ask for. I want to drop some hints for what my wife should get me for father's day.

So, any ideas? I pretty much want cigars or a new tattoo machine, and since a box of cigars is going to be waaaaay cheaper than a new machine, cigars it is, lol. I'd like to be surprised, but I don't want a box of cigars I won't like. I have a few in mind (Xikar HC Criollo, Tatuaje Reserva J21, AB Prensado), but I don't know how to drop the hints for her so that they are effective enough to work but at the same time subtle enough that I'm not just telling her, "Buy me a box of these." Advice?
    Give Andy or The Beard her email address and let them work their magic...They could send an email that they see your birthday is coming up and you might be interested in......now you may want to stick with Andy because I haven't heard of a women yet that could resist The Beard and I'm guessin divorce would NOT be a good present...
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    dwayne3307:
    I kid you not, last year I took the CCom Christmas catalog and circled the stuff i would like to get. When she asked for ideas I made mention of the catalog and that I had circled some stuff i would like to get.
    Try that approach and circle a ton of stuff. That way you'll have no idea what you're getting but you know it'll be something you want/like.
    +1 I have done this and it workd well. go through the whole range of cheap to high end. That way she can mix and match or go for a high ender. Also what DD said. That seems like a good idea to me.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Great suggestions guys, I'll try the catalog first, but I'm probably gonna have to go with emailing Tim and having him do my dirty work, lol.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    At Christmas my wife called Tim and let Tim decide based on my shopping habits..."The Beard" knows!!!
    ShotgunJohn:
    At Christmas my wife called Tim and let Tim decide based on my shopping habits..."The Beard" knows!!!
    Not a bad idea either. I just went through the site and put together a favorites list. That was really easy, and while I was doing it, I made sure to tell the wife. I acted excited, "Hey baby, check this out! I can put all the cigars I want on a list together, then when I come back to actually buy them, I just go to my favorites, click on 'add to cart', and blammo, done! Isn't that awesome? So convenient and such."
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    hahaha, well done man.

Yeah I've been no good at this either in the past. The few times I've tried bringing it up, I just get "I'm not getting you anything you ask for." Which is fair becuase my wife is a good gift giver and she does like to suprise me. And since she can't get me cigars because she doesn't know how or what to get, she just hasn't.

So, I just used this thread as my hint to her, and told her about it and how John's wife contacted the Beard directly and what a cool idea that was. haha, I think she got a good idea there, so we'll see . . . . Thanks for Brining it up Alien.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    alienmisprint:
    ...., but she still doesn't go much further than to get me something I directly ask for....
    I'm just not seeing the problem here...
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    I understand his plight. My wife is the same way, and I don't really want for much. When I say I want something I better really want it, because that is what I am getting for the next occasion, period!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I have ask dirctely when I really want something! I wanted a new intake for the Harley and even e-mailed her the link saying..."Buy this for Christmas for me!!" Then I have put together a list too. Before this deployment, I put together a list of more Harley stuff that I'd like. I don't know what she got but I'm sure she got some of it...if not all of it. I know they want to get me things cause I missed Christmas this year, so having the list makes it easier. Also for Father's day I told her what I wanted/needed...a new electric razor. This deployment killed mine. I really need it and it makes it easier for my kids. I'll complain about mine in front of the heathens so when Mom suggest it to them, they'll remember and hook it up!!
    DSWarmack:
    I understand his plight. My wife is the same way, and I don't really want for much. When I say I want something I better really want it, because that is what I am getting for the next occasion, period!
    My wife isn't even that intuitive, lol. I can say I want something repeatedly, but unless I say I want ____ for _____ holiday, it just doesn't sink in. Its all good though, I think she picked up on the wishlist thing, and I put so much stuff on there I've already forgotten over half of what's on there, lol.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if you share the computer, keep a wishlist as a word or txt doc on you desktop. i ave one. it sits in the middle of the desktop.

...of course it hasnt worked for me yet...