Home General Discussion

New to forums some what new to smoking.

Scrowe80Scrowe80 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
Hi everyone title says it all. I don't know how it was that all of you got into smoking and enjoying cigars but for me it was a slow process. I have been smoking for about 9 years now but for the past 9 years I would only smoke maybe 8 cigars a year. Now I notice as of lately that I'm smoking almost every other day. I'm also trying different cigars out. I have in the past only smoked Cuban Cohibas because they have all ways been readily available to me. I'm looking forward to everyone's input into different types of cigars and when they smoke them. Any input and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Welcome aboard
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Welcome to the forum. If you are smoking ISOM Cohibas, I would continue sampling higher end sticks. Many different flavor profiles to try.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome. I still consider myself to be new and my favorite so far is a Graycliff Turbo, but everybody is different.
    pick up a sampler and see what you like
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Scrowe80:
    Hi everyone title says it all. I don't know how it was that all of you got into smoking and enjoying cigars but for me it was a slow process. I have been smoking for about 9 years now but for the past 9 years I would only smoke maybe 8 cigars a year. Now I notice as of lately that I'm smoking almost every other day. I'm also trying different cigars out. I have in the past only smoked Cuban Cohibas because they have all ways been readily available to me. I'm looking forward to everyone's input into different types of cigars and when they smoke them. Any input and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 
    I'd give the Olvia V a try. Most around here will agree it's a damn good smoke. Also the Man O War and Man O War ruination are fantastic sticks. La Flor Dominnicana's are nice too, the ligero and double ligero are a real treat, though I prefer the ligero more than the DL, well I acutally prefer the DL chisel maduro over all of them but the Ligero is my next in line.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Welcome. Everyone has different favorites & right now I am really into Viaje, Tatuaje, Liga Privada to name a few. Any blends by them. Also, if you get a chance check out The Bowery at Velvet Cigar Lounge in New York. Great cigar. Best advice is to buy samplers and try them all.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Welcome to the forum.
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Whats up man? I'm a newbie to the hobby and started in February. I've ordered lots of samplers to see what I like and so far Oliva and Padron Londres are my faves. The Londres is miles ahead of anything I've tried and just ordered 20 sticks coming Tues. Give the samplers a try or maybe the cigar of the month club.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Welcome aboard. As I've told all the newbies, get a bigger humidor and a second job!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Welcome to the forums. Try as much as you can! There's a lot of variety out there to be discovered!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    roland_7707:
    Welcome. I still consider myself to be new and my favorite so far is a Graycliff Turbo, but everybody is different.
    pick up a sampler and see what you like
    x2
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Welcome, bro. You picked a good sight to expand on the hobby. You'll meet cool people here in the forums and be able to jump over to the site for the Daily Deals and start trying out some great smokes. The folks at Ccom will help you out any way they can to get you some custom samplers at great prices. Just call em up and tell them your story. You'll be smoking great sticks in a day or two..... Feel free to ask any questions. There's no stupid questions around here, just a bunch of stupid people! LOL! ;-)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Welcome to you.. Join the cigar of the month club for at least six months. It will introduce you to a wide variety of cigars that will soon become your favorites. Plus, it will save you ten percent on the cigars you WILL be buying.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I'd second the Cigar of the Month Club and also would say WELCOME!
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Welcome to the forum
  • Scrowe80Scrowe80 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thanks for all the welcomes and suggestions. Looking forward to some good smokes!!!