Home General Discussion

Which La Perla did I smoke?

jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
I ordered some cigars a while back, received them and smoked already. I was putting together another purchase and was talking it over with a buddy about the La Perla Rojo that I enjoyed. I showed him the band...Black outline with Red filled in on the side...and noticed multiple website have the Rojo shown differently...red outline and red sides. I've also seen the La Perla Classic advertised with the red outline and red sides. Which La Perla did I smoke? The one I ordered was the Rated La Perla Rojo, received the cigar with a label that had black outline and red sides.

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Funny. Same thing here except with the Morado. Black ring and purple sides. All the pictures show a purple ring. Red= Rojo so I'd go with that.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    KCW:
    Funny. Same thing here except with the Morado. Black ring and purple sides. All the pictures show a purple ring. Red= Rojo so I'd go with that.
    my morados have a purple band on the foot too,lol
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I was thinking about purchasing more but being in Afghanistan, I can't waste the time and money guessing at what I'm buying. It already takes almost 2 weeks to get here. I might just have to put La Perla on the back burner. Shame too cause I liked that smoke.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I've had 2 boxes, engraved in black on the wood ( LaPearla Habano Morado Purple), what has beeen marketed to me as the (Black Pearl). One had a purple label. The other had a black. Couldn't tell the difference. And the sampler from Ccom has one with a green label. I've smoked 3 different labels. I think they were all the same cigar. We should ask the horse. Hey Tim? Sup?
    I emailed Tim. Will follow up.
    Man Tim is fast. Look at the time gap.

Good question, Rick. Let me take a look...
    Here's what I got for ya:

La Perla Habana
    Classic - light habano wrapper - red trim/green sides

La Perla Habana Black Pearl
    Black Pearl - maduro wrapper - navy blue trim/black sides
    Cobre - shade grown wrapper - copper colored band
    Rojo - dark habano - red trim/maroon side
    Morado - cameroon wrapper - royal purple trim/black side

Hope that helps!
    I emailed him back with more questions. I have a different take.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Easiest way to tell would be by looking at the wrapper leaf.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    beatnic:
    Man Tim is fast. Look at the time gap.

Good question, Rick. Let me take a look...
    Here's what I got for ya:

La Perla Habana
    Classic - light habano wrapper - red trim/green sides

La Perla Habana Black Pearl
    Black Pearl - maduro wrapper - navy blue trim/black sides
    Cobre - shade grown wrapper - copper colored band
    Rojo - dark habano - red trim/maroon side
    Morado - cameroon wrapper - royal purple trim/black side

Hope that helps!
    I emailed him back with more questions. I have a different take.
    +1
    Thanks Tim.

On this subject. I have the same 2 exact boxes. LA PERLA HABANA - Morado - PURPLE - Etched on the box. The sticker on top adds "Black Pearl" - 20 TORO.

The most recent cigar has a black circle around the picture and the band is navy-purple. The first box is exactly the same, yet the bands, and I still have them, were entirely purple. I think its the same cigar. Darkish wrapper. I think its the Cameroon wrapper. That's why I like it. But my first box had a totally purple label. One of the samplers I saw also had full purple band.

Rick I'm confident it is the same cigar. Manufacturers are always making subtle changes and sometimes they run out of materials or have to make a last second change. Tim Blythe/Cigar.com Sr. Account Executive