WBFiller Reviews

wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
AVO Heritage
Robusto (4.9×50)
Strength: Medium to Full
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
Filler: Dominican and Peruvian
Price: $7.50

From what some Davidoff fans tell me, most of the Davidoff lines have a certain “musk” flavour and aroma to it that they refer to as the “Kelner musk”. The best I can describe this musk is a certain musty, earthy cream combined with subtle sweet spices. However, I was also told that the AVO Heritage, though good, was the most “un-Kelner” of the AVO series since the musk is absent in the Heritage.

Pre-light and Construction:

The wrapper leaf, though somewhat veiny, is a beauty with a deep reddish-brown hue to it. As I hold it to the light, a lot of oils can be seen on the wrapper. As I take a whiff of cigar before I put it to the flame, there are subtle barnyard and black pepper notes to it.

Want to read more? Check it out at http://wbfiller.com/avo-heritage-review-by-wayne-hwang-2/

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Nice man. I really haven't enjoyed too many Davidoff cigars. Though AVO does make a maduro I really like. The heritage wasn't bad either.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    nice review wayne, glad u guys are keeping that site up.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Thanks, guys. I'm going to try to be more active on WBFiller and give out more reviews.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Nice review as usual Wayne. Good stick too!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    You *** tease!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    La Gloria Cubana Serie N
    Vitola: JSB (Robusto Gordo?) (5.5x54)
    Strength: Medium to Full
    Wrapper: Maduro (Capa Oscuro)
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Dominican and Nicaraguan
    Price: $6 to $7

he La Gloria Cubana brand was a popular brand during the cigar boom of the 1990s in the US. Before that, it was a Cuban brand released by EP Carillo, who ran from the Communists and is now working and releasing his products with General Cigar.

The band on the cigar is very presentable with bright, vivid colors and a clear, crisp drawing of a woman smoking. The La Gloria Cubana Serie N JSB is a very oily dark brown to jet black with almost invisible seams and a habano (I think?) "N" glued onto the maduro wrapper with pectin. Watch out if you have sweaty hands, though. The oils on the wrapper seem to rub off a bit. A whiff of the unlit cigar gives off hints of pepper and cocoa.

Want to read more? Check the review out at http://wbfiller.com/la-gloria-cubana-serie-n-jsb-by-wayne-hwang-2/