Home General Discussion

updated in wall humidor-

fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
everyone asked me to put up pics as she gets full. here you go........this is a conversation piece over dinner parties etc. imageimage

Comments

• y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Wow. That's pretty sweet. Did you do all the work yourself?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    nice. it looks way better than you described.
    and the way you described it was pretty sweet.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    my father in law built it. started w/ 6inw x 12ft rough oak planks. plained down and joined ...........thx kuzi. i love it. humidity is always spot on. im going to have him make me 2 deeper shelves to replace the current ones.
    y2pascoe:
    Wow. That's pretty sweet. Did you do all the work yourself?
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Beautiful work!
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    That is awesome man!!!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    This is a thing of beauty! One could just stand there all day and admire the craftsmanship.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Looks fantastic.
    MY wife catches me staring at it and enjoys teasing me. i check on it often.
    RampMonkey:
    This is a thing of beauty! One could just stand there all day and admire the craftsmanship.
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 136
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    That is very cool!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    That's fvcking hot!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Amazing work man, thats awesome.

So is it just the way the picture looks or are your lower drawers at an increased angle, while the upper drawers are flat? If thats the case thats good thinking.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I think the funny thing is his dog is in the cage in the first pic *humi closed*
    Then his dog is gone in the second pic *humi open*

yup, increased angle., i have holes w/ brass tabs that pull out all the way up each side so i can play with the angles.
    boydmcgowan:

So is it just the way the picture looks or are your lower drawers at an increased angle, while the upper drawers are flat? If thats the case thats good thinking.
    im surprised noone has commented on how low she is.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    I want one. Very nice. Congrats.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    now that is awesome!!!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    fuentejps:
    yup, increased angle., i have holes w/ brass tabs that pull out all the way up each side so i can play with the angles.
    boydmcgowan:

Thats F'ing cool man, and even better that you can mess with the angles. REally a nice feature. You said you and your father in law built this thing yourselves? i'm impressed man well done.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    That is awesome!!!
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    ENFIDL:
    That is awesome!!!
    +1000!
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    fuentejps:
    im surprised noone has commented on how low she is.

That is very nice, you have just increased my ideas. Thanks, also, no one will comment on what you think is low stockage. You have stogies on each row in each tray, lol. C'MON Mannnnnn......
  • bipbip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    That is fricking awsome!!
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    fuentejps:
    everyone asked me to put up pics as she gets full. here you go........this is a conversation piece over dinner parties etc. imageimage
    Not to be a downer or anything, because this is just an awesome project, but i see a lot of unused space in there... Maybe you could do something about that?

• ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    You have really inspired me...

My fiance and I just moved into a new home with tons of unfinished basement space. She already agreed to let me dedicate a chunk of the space to a man cave. Since I'll have to frame in new walls from scratch, it shouldn't be too much trouble to just plan for an in-wall cabinet like yours.

Coincidentally, it's also my father-in-law who is the one with the construction/wood-working know-how, so it looks like I'll be enlisting his help!
    its a great project. and there are only a few in walls that you can buy online. i found one. so youll be making a 1 -off which is way cool. pay special attentioon to the door. mine has no seal, per say, my fil made it w/ 3 step type mill work. that wasnt easy to get it perfect. my humidity is incredibly tight. you can go as big as you want. i chose that size for 2 reasons. 1. in that closet i couldnt go any higher. 2. i wanted to be able access all shelves easily. bacojay, the possibilities are endless. took me a year to stock it incurrent config. now we'll do deeper shelves, then who knows.
    ndhaon91:
    You have really inspired me... My fiance and I just moved into a new home with tons of unfinished basement space. She already agreed to let me dedicate a chunk of the space to a man cave. Since I'll have to frame in new walls from scratch, it shouldn't be too much trouble to just plan for an in-wall cabinet like yours. Coincidentally, it's also my father-in-law who is the one with the construction/wood-working know-how, so it looks like I'll be enlisting his help!
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    How deep is that humi? Actually, what dimensions is that humi? I have a lot of barren wall space and was kicking aroudn the idea of doing something like that. Any advice for someone looking to start makring their own?
    ITS 2FT WIDE X 12IN DEEP AND 4FT TALL. ADVICE? track down all your spanish cedar first its not cheap. be sure your door mill work is perfect and "stepped".