Home General Discussion

Made my first purchase

ejrjrejrjr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
Just ordered a double shot of the daily special. Seemed to make sense to order the double shot and save on the shipping, but I'm new to the game and really not sure. Are the daily specials good deals overall? Cheers. Ed

Comments

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    It's a good way to try new things. Some deals are better than others.

Welcome to the site. What kind of cigars do you like?
  • ejrjrejrjr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    Im trying to figure out what I like. I live in western mass a short ride from the tobacco fields of Connecticut so I would like to try some of the Ct wrapped cigars. Any recommendations? Ed
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    ejrjr:
    Im trying to figure out what I like. I live in western mass a short ride from the tobacco fields of Connecticut so I would like to try some of the Ct wrapped cigars. Any recommendations? Ed
    Gran Habano #1
    Perdomo Habano Connecticut
    The Ccom Blue Label

• ejrjrejrjr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    stephen_hannibal:
    ejrjr:
    Gran Habano #1
    The Ccom Blue Label

While searching through these forums I have seen alot of good chatter about the ccom blue labels. I think I'll have to order a few of those. Ed
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Welcome to the forum and welcome to a hobby that will perform magic on your wallet an make your money disappear. Stick around this is a great place for knowledge and discussion.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    stephen_hannibal:
    ejrjr:
    Gran Habano #1
    The Ccom Blue Label

I can't comment on the Blue Label, as I haven't tried it, but my favorite Connecticuts are these:

Gurkha Symphony
    Rocky Patel Signature
    Oliva Connecticut Reserve
    5 Vegas Gold

And yes, the daily deals are generally a good deal. Sometimes people complain because it is only $10 or $5 cheaper than normal prices, but the normal prices are already a good deal under MSRP. Like Ross said, it is a great way to try new things. It is also a great way to stock up on some of your favorite sticks, once you determine what they are.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    There are some great CT wrapped cigars. There are also a lot of really boring ones. I've found Gurkha Park Ave to be my favorite so far. Also the Man o' War Virtue, though that can be a little stronger than the Park Ave for someone just starting out. I started out on CTs, then moved on to heavier hitters. Now that I've smoked some heavier stuff I'm getting back to CTs for their ability to be more subtle and nuanced. I think that's a pretty common path and one you might find yourself moving down.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Gurkha Centurian
    Cabaiguan
    Winston Churchill
    Griffin's
    AVO Classic
    Gurkha Microbatch C-10
    San Lotano Connecticut
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Welcome. Buy a bigger humidor and get a second job!
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    YankeeMan:
    That's really the best advice you're gonna get! Welcome to the forum!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    YankeeMan:

+1 and welcome aboard!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    ejrjr:

Ed, give one of the reps, Tim (The Beard - All Hail the Beard), Kelly, Andy, here a call and let them know you are interested in trying some of the Connie wrapper cigars and a price range and I'm sure they can hook you up with a great sampler.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    RampMonkey:
    YankeeMan:

+1 and welcome aboard!
    +1. No other hobby will take so much of your money and still make you smile and relax. Like someone on the forum has said before, "A cigar is my one hour vacation". Enjoy!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    bigjohn125:
    RampMonkey:
    YankeeMan:

+1 and welcome aboard!
    +1. No other hobby will take so much of your money and still make you smile and relax. Like someone on the forum has said before, "A cigar is my one hour vacation". Enjoy!
    +1 and congrats on your first purchase
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    wwhwang:
    Cabaiguan
    Winston Churchill
    Griffin's
    AVO Classic
    San Lotano Connecticut

+ Ep Carrillo New Wave Connecticut (Super inexpensive, but reallllly flavorful)

Also, Arturo Fuente Connie wrapped sticks are great.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    YankeeMan:
    +1 And this is serious; we're not kidding....well, maybe just a little. Nah, not really. This is sage advice.

Like many, I started with Connecticuts, then moved on to fuller sticks, mostly habanos. But unlike many, I moved from habanos to maduros and back to connecticuts again - I've been on a connie kick lately. Some of my favorites are:

Ashton classic - worth the extra $$ in my opinion
    C.com Purple Label and Gurkha Park Ave (both budget, but tasty)
    Rocky Patel connie
    5 Vegas Gold
    and a couple of my favorites right now are Man O War Virture and Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne, but they are a bit closer to mild/medium body than the previously listed sticks.