Home General Discussion

DFW Area Herf

alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
In talking to a few of the other members here, it looks like there will be a few of us near each other this summer, and I was thinking we could try to get together for a herf. Dallas seems to be a good mid-point for most everyone I've already talked to, and Jason(Purofreak) knows an excellent spot there, apparently they have a full bar, a grill with great food, and a gigantic walk-in with an awesome selection.

I'm throwing this out there to see who else would be interested. I was thinking sometime in July, but really I am good for just about any weekend in June or July. We can set a date once we figure out who all wants to/will be able to attend. Any takers?

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    ohhhhhhhhh, I LOVE Dallas! I would be so in if the timing is right. Keep me updated.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    I'm in SA, may have to make a trip up there hehe
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Well crap. My wife is heading down there thurs. to visit her family. Unfortunately I won't be back down there for quite sometime. There are some excellent b&m's down there tho. Puro is the man to get with.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Nick2021:
    I'm in SA, may have to make a trip up there hehe
    I was in SA about a year ago, what a great city. You ever go to Armadillo's? Its a burger joint with these giant hamburgers (they have regular sized ones too). Man, those were some of the best burgers I have ever had, no ***.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    we definitely need to get together once I get to Austin in about 3-4 weeks! Also, I am SO down for a Dallas herf! I'll be close enough, and would really like to meet some of the western brothers here! Keep us posted
    Just an update on this, looks like there maybe two herfs, one at the end of June and one in July. For dates, right now all I know for sure is that the June one will be sometime after the 18th. I know Puro, Ejenne, and I are more than likely going to be able to make it, hopefully a couple more members as well.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I'm getting married June 25th, no budget for anything but that til then, but July I'll be wide open.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    cabinetmaker:
    I'm getting married June 25th, no budget for anything but that til then, but July I'll be wide open.
    CONGRATS MAN!!!!

• Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    Wish I still lived in Dallas
  • Husker44Husker44 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 172
    Depending on when and where, I would be interested.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I'm pretty pumped about this deal! I always love to get together with some good guys for a herf!
    As of right now, it is looking like we will be shooting for June 25th/26th or July 2nd/3rd, depending mainly on Puro's schedule (he works every other weekend) and then which day (Saturday or Sunday) the most people can attend.
    I'm off the 25th and 26th! So if that works for anyone else I'll be ready!
    Sounds good, 25th and 26th it is. Now we just need to figure out if Saturday or Sunday is the best day. The B&M is open Sunday, right?
    Yea its open 7 days a week. Which ever day is best for everyone.
    Groovy, doesn't matter to me, I'll be taking a four-day for it either way.
    Yea I'll be off from Saturday morning until Wednesday afternoon so it doesn't matter to me. Everyone else interested chime in and let us know whats best for you. I would love to have as many people as we can!
    Bump bump! Anyone else in on this?
    Just a little bit of an update (not that it really effects anyone else but me!) but I will be out of the Army on June 10th!!!!! I'll be getting in my car as soon as I am off that day and starting the drive. I'll be in Austin on Sunday the 12th. I'm going to take a few days to go see my father in Laredo and pick up my new puppy, but I'll be at the HERF for sure! I'm pumped to finally get to stay in Texas for good! Looking forward to meeting you guys
    That's awesome bro! Glad you'll be down here and able to make it to the herf!
    Ok, this thread has fallen a ways and I just wanted to give it a bump to see if anyone else is interested! Also for the guys involved, is that Saturday the 25th cool with you guys? I have a family thing to do on the 26th. That work for you guys?
    I'm down for the 25th. I have no obligations from June 11th until July 5th so any time between those day is fine for me :-P
    ejenne87:
    I'm down for the 25th. I have no obligations from June 11th until July 5th so any time between those day is fine for me :-P
    Also, where will we be having this HERF? I'm just curious, kinda want to do the whole google thing and find out more.
    The place is Elite Cigar Cafe. It just changed names not long ago so it may still be listed online as Cigar Shop and More, Addison, TX. If you look at my Facebook page I "like" their fan page.
    Sounds good to me bro, I'll put together an event thing on Facebook and put the link up on the Cigar People page.
    Looks like we are going to have to push the date on this back one weekend, tot he 3rd of July, the following Sunday. Is that good with everyone?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    PuroFreak:
    Ok, this thread has fallen a ways and I just wanted to give it a bump to see if anyone else is interested! Also for the guys involved, is that Saturday the 25th cool with you guys? I have a family thing to do on the 26th. That work for you guys?
    I'm getting married thar day!
    cabinetmaker:
    PuroFreak:
    I'm getting married thar day!
    You're in luck! Moved to July 3rd! Think you can make it up man?
    alienmisprint:
    Looks like we are going to have to push the date on this back one weekend, tot he 3rd of July, the following Sunday. Is that good with everyone?
    I won't be able to make it that weekend. I start culinary school on the 5th and will need that weekend free :-( Sounds like we need to set something else up, maybe a little closer to you, Tony? I'm down for pretty much anything, but that weekend is no bueno.
    ejenne87:
    alienmisprint:
    I won't be able to make it that weekend. I start culinary school on the 5th and will need that weekend free :-( Sounds like we need to set something else up, maybe a little closer to you, Tony? I'm down for pretty much anything, but that weekend is no bueno.
    Damn. I got tagged to work the previous weekend, so we had to move it up to the following one. You could always go with the original herf date for anyone who can make it, then anyone who wants to head back up the next weekend could jump on the one for the 3rd?

As far as closer to me, I could swing Shreveport, Lake Charles, Bueamont, or La Fayette pretty much any time, the furthest of those is like 2 and a half hours away. I know of an awesome place in Lake Charles, I dunno about any of the other cities though.