Home Non Cigar Related

toyota sienna

letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
hello, the wife and I are getting a new minivan. kinda curious if anyone has a toyota sienna, and if so how they like it. We are looking at a 2011 xle, any info is appreciated.

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    I personally think mini vans are a waste of life. lol Get a SUV.....just as good, holds just as much, and easier to resale then a van.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I have one and love it. I also have a SUV and want to get rid of it. The Sienna I have (2007 XL) is perfect for my family of 4. Same room for storage if not more than my Explorer and more seating room (8 in the van / 4 in the SUV). Definately better gas mileage. My kids are 6 and 5 and they can get themselves in and out by themselves because of the sliding doors so it helps out a lot and saves time. Also, the 2007 Sienna is the best minivan in safety ratings but I don't know about the 2011. All in all I don't think the minivan has the bad stigma as it once did. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    swagger-wagon.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    Joey, She has a honda pilot now, I am just going to take one for the team and take the pilot and she is going to get a minivan. They just work so much better, and you can never appreciate one till you have a need for one...lol,,,trust me on this, I was going to get a M5

Bandy, appreciate the info, the 2011 looks pretty good on all the surveys, I think we will pull the trigger on it here shortly. I'm glad you are still happy with yours. My daughter is already pretty stoked about the automatic doors, and we've only test driven it.

and Dennis...I wouldn't say swagger....maybe dejected sorrowful walk.....as if I have been beaten by life......prob not swagger wagon though...lol
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Congrats bro on being able to afford a new vehicle and pushing our anemic economy forward. I am not a fan of Toyota's but you have to get what works for you. Enjoy the new ride.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    My wife and I have a 2008 Sienna XLE. She loves it. We have two kids (another on the way) and have two DVD players so the can watch the same thing or watch different movies. On trips, my 5 year old can play video games while the two year watches Dora. Better yet, they each have ear phones so I get to listen to WHATEVER I WANT TO!! I would buy another one today.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    lol...well i think it comes down to two things, 1, i hate toyota(all japanese cars for that matter, as i grew up with nothing but german engineering and helping build a few jags, porsches, and land rovers along the way), 2, i just hate mini vans no matter how useful they are or not lol....im biased...but hey, i admit it dont I ?