Home General Discussion

My first random "other company" magazine.

roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
Today I open up the mailbox and to my suprise there is a cigar catalog, and Im thinking yay, something to read at work. Well then I look at the company and its not ccom. So I was just going to flip through it at work and I have never seen so many off brand "handmade" stuff ever!!!!!. Havent heard of 90% of the things in there, not enven the lighters or humidor brands.

The pictures of the cigars look dried out and there was a crack on one, no kidding. The least they could do is clean it up to look presentable. No information, only pictures and prices. Flip to the back and they are selling white owls, swishers, and phillies, black and milds

Thank you ccom and staff for not only selling great products, but having an amazing catalog with quality pics and spot on information, a very user friendly website, with the best forum around (imho) and customer survice that is second to none. You guys, and ladies, flipping rock.

rant over.

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    I think I get that same catalog every now and then too
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    The T-Son's magazine has struck again. No Swishers featured this go round?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Nope, starts with an F
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Huh....more FAMOUS than the T magazine......terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible publications out there, not worth the paper printed on.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    roland_7707:
    Today I open up the mailbox and to my suprise there is a cigar catalog, and Im thinking yay, something to read at work. Well then I look at the company and its not ccom. So I was just going to flip through it at work and I have never seen so many off brand "handmade" stuff ever!!!!!. Havent heard of 90% of the things in there, not enven the lighters or humidor brands.

The pictures of the cigars look dried out and there was a crack on one, no kidding. The least they could do is clean it up to look presentable. No information, only pictures and prices. Flip to the back and they are selling white owls, swishers, and phillies, black and milds

Thank you ccom and staff for not only selling great products, but having an amazing catalog with quality pics and spot on information, a very user friendly website, with the best forum around (imho) and customer survice that is second to none. You guys, and ladies, flipping rock.

rant over.

Not defending the crap in their catalogs, but 90% of the stuff in CCom's catalog would fit the same "off brand" bill (if by that you mean brands that exist only for the retailer) you are talking about.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I have done business with the F folks. there catalog is junk but they are a legit retailer and the scary site they run has some excellent deals. For those who do not have to consider price I don't mind saying that Ccom is not the low cost provider by a long shot so they lose out on many of my purchases. The CS may be tops here but price is still important to me.
  • bigbluesmokebigbluesmoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    I also received an F mag today. Looked like some pretty good deals in there. I also get a Tom. occasionally. The problem is that only one company knows that I smoke cigars and has my mailing add, this one! Weird
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I know what you guys are talking about and I agree. Tons of house blends they look horrible. I have bought there and they do ok but always try to pawn off there house stuff.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    And another yesterday from the T place.

Where do they get my address from?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    jsnake:
    I know what you guys are talking about and I agree. Tons of house blends they look horrible. I have bought there and they do ok but always try to pawn off there house stuff.
    Actually, quite a few of their exclusives are downright fantastic, assuming we are talking about the same place. I pretty much only buy stuff there that Ccom doesn't carry, alot of which are exclusive to that shop.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Oh, and be nice, one of my write-ups was printed in their catalogue, maybe two catalogues ago? ;)
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    alienmisprint:
    jsnake:
    Actually, quite a few of their exclusives are downright fantastic, assuming we are talking about the same place. I pretty much only buy stuff there that Ccom doesn't carry, alot of which are exclusive to that shop.
    +1 their exclusive CAO Cx2 is very good.
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    Every mag is going to push their house stuff, for obvious financial reasons. Its why you usually see extremely foreign names when you browse through another. It just happens that ccoms house stuff (5V / ccom house blends ) etc are actually good. Some, not necessarily so (Nica Libs for ex...but thats a personal opinion).

Speaking though of house blends that werent well recieved, anyone notice that Padilla Obsidians have really dropped off the radar. Looks like that ship has finally sailed. Or not..but it does seem like their visibility has noticably decreased.
  • Joel H.Joel H. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 101
    I have also been getting these other mags as well. I found it wierd that the only place i buy online is ccom but yet all these other places got my info?? no matter really sometimes i like to sit down and compare prices/brands etc between all the places.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I have been getting these mags as well, not sure how they got my address, but they are stacking up to be great fireplace starter fuel.