Home General Discussion

Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial

2»

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    lcpleel:
    Trade?
    whatever, i think i have a new addy for you already other than diamond bar but just incase send it and ill box something up for ship but since it may not make it by sat. ill ship friday so youll have it monday , got a few 2010's left too ill throw one of those in
  • edhedh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Marker:
    edh - I have smoked close to 10 Oliva V and two V maddy. Never had one issue with construction. Either where you get them is terrible at storage or something else environmental is messing with them. Just odd with how consistent these cigars are that you have had issues with every one you smoke.
    Lousy source? I got the sealed box from CCOM, and the transit time was only two days. I'll let you be the judge of how reliable the source was.

Environmental? Simply not so. The humidity in my humidor is very stable. I have tried the Serie V Maddy at both 70% and 65% Rh, and the results are exactly the same.

The issue is the 2010 vitola is a belicoso, and some bozos at the factory rolled the tapered ends in my box too tight. The center of the stick has plenty of give. If you try to roll the stick between your fingers to loosen it up, it splits. If you try to use a cigar spike, it splits. If you try to cut past the plug, the stick unravels and splits.

I have never had this kind of "stick after stick problem" before. The AF Anejo Sharks, LP T-52 Flying Pigs, and Padron Family Reserve 45s that I have stored in the same area of my humidor smoke perfectly.

I also had a Serie V Churchill Extra a few weeks ago, and again no issues. Except for the Serie V Maduro, the only other Oliva I've had a problem with is one Serie V Diadema. In that case, the issue was a void.

Nice try Marker, but I simply got a lousy batch.
    kuzi16:
    how many do you have left? if you want to unload at leadt part of that box ill be glad to take a few off your hands. we can work something out.
    Kuzi, I think I have four left. I'll check over the weekend, and get back to you. You're welcome to them--I give up!
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    edh -- Sorry man but I have never had an Oliva problem with any of their cigars; V, O, G, Connie. Sorry you got a bad batch. IMO send the remaining back to Ccom and ask what they can do. They are awesome, as you know. It will be made right. I am in disbelief that Oliva would send out a whole box with issues but it can happen.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    edh:
    Kuzi, I think I have four left. I'll check over the weekend, and get back to you. You're welcome to them--I give up!
    sweet. pm me when you get it figured out. as i said. we will work something out.
    kuzi16:
    edh:
    sweet. pm me when you get it figured out. as i said. we will work something out.
    kuzi16, you have a PM!
    kuzi16, you have another PM!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471