Home Ratings & Reviews

Illusione HL a.k.a. Holy Lance

kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
image This 7.5×40 stick offers a beautiful soft dark brown wrapper with a slight redish hue. Veins are minimal, seams are tight and even. It has a firm pack, a little pigtail tip and soft chocolate and barnyard aroma. First light reveals a perfect draw with huge clouds of thick rich smoke giving medium-full body flavors of a deep oily earth and fine aged tobacco with a bit of very smooth pepper. The first third develops to a sweet, creamy, oily nut with aged tobacco, the finish going very short and clean with just a bit of earthy aftertaste. The ash holds on for an inch at a time, and the burn is fairly quick. 20 minutes in the 2nd third starts by shifting flavors a touch, dropping the nuttiness and replacing it with a soft leather. The last third shows no further changes although the burn slowed a bit and the ash fell shorter. Ending at 1:10 I enjoyed it right down to the nub. http://cigarobsession.com/cigar-reviews/illusione-hl-a-k-a-holy-lance-cigar-review/

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Good review as always Bryan. The ~hl~ is one of the best cigars Dion makes, IMO.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    A must try for anyone and the maduro is also amazing if you can find them.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    BlueRings:

BlueRings you have a cult like following, lol. After seeing his reveiw. I went to go see if CCOM has any and their all sold out. That figures, must be a great smoke.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I like everything in the illusione line.. There has been a lot of talk about these lately, in doesn't surprise me they have become a bit difficult to get.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    RCY Cigars:
    BlueRings:

BlueRings you have a cult like following, lol. After seeing his reveiw. I went to go see if CCOM has any and their all sold out. That figures, must be a great smoke.

Thanks for the cult like reference, I sent you intel. That is a good name for a cigar site

CIGAR CULT "A following like no other." thank you for the inspriation.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    BlueRings:
    RCY Cigars:
    BlueRings:

Thanks for the cult like reference, I sent you intel. That is a good name for a cigar site

CIGAR CULT "A following like no other." thank you for the inspriation.

I got it, thanks. Wow, well I'm happy someone got something positive from me. Your welcome I think, lol.