Home General Discussion

Diamond Crown

ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
Dude at the cigar shop swears these are the best made....never had them or heard much on them and the price tag scares me off.  I know of some good cigars in their range that I WILL like since I've had them before.  What could one expect from DC and are they ever offered on this site?

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    ZAP:
    Dude at the cigar shop swears these are the best made....never had them or heard much on them and the price tag scares me off.  I know of some good cigars in their range that I WILL like since I've had them before.  What could one expect from DC and are they ever offered on this site?
    Diamond Crown is offered on this site under "Premiums"
    I've heard that this is a similar or substitute for Opus X (I think they have the same wrapper)

I bought them when I FIRST started smoking, they were okay, but I didn't have a palate for differences so I couldn't totally be the expert

I don't think you'll be disappointed, but not an everyday smoke...
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    they are available on the site. i picked up a box but havent gotten around to smoking one.
    **EDIT** The ones likened to an OPUS X is the Diamond Crown MAXIMUS... Not the original lineup
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    how many different lines does diamond crown have?
    Christian_Sapp:
    how many different lines does diamond crown have?
    I've only seen the Maximus and the regular line... Don't know if there are any others out there
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Diamond Crown
    Diamond Crown Maximus
    Diamond Crown Julius Caeser
    those are the only Diamond Crown lines I know of. I've had the Maximus, it's really good. the Julius was not to my liking. Never had the original Diamond Crown but dudes swear by these.
  • ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    Shoot...should have checked the list...I see it there now...thought last time I looked they didn't have it but perhaps I was drunk or something at the time and missed it.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Diamond Crown is one of a few brands J.C. Newman owns. Diamond Crown, Maximum, Julius Caeser, Cuesta Rey, Brickhouse and El Baton are all by JCN. JC Newman also is half of the Cigar Family charitable Foundation with Fuente.