Home General Discussion

Everyday smoke?

jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
What do you guys suggest for an everyday smoke? My humi is full of more expensive smokes right now and I don't want to smoke them on just any day of the week. I prefer medium-full and full bodied cigars. Suggestions also on more quick smokes, say 30 minutes, would be nice too, such as Nubs I guess. I still new to this and would like a little more info. By the way, this El Triunfador is amazing right now!

Comments

• BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    jfaciane:
    What do you guys suggest for an everyday smoke? My humi is full of more expensive smokes right now and I don't want to smoke them on just any day of the week. I prefer medium-full and full bodied cigars. Suggestions also on more quick smokes, say 30 minutes, would be nice too, such as Nubs I guess. I still new to this and would like a little more info. By the way, this El Triunfador is amazing right now!

Since you mention Nubs yes they are great for a 40 min smoke. If you don't like the girth then try a corona or petite corona of you favorite brand. The Cain Daytona 4 is a good strong affordiable smoke.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    If you are looking for inexpensive everyday smokes, you can't go wrong with the 5 Vegas Classic Corona (5.5x44). You may get a little more than 30 minutes out of it but for the price you pay, you won't mind putting it down early if you have to. They also may a 6x38 that will smoke a little quicker I'd imagine. Also, you may just want to keep your eyes open for daily deals that fit the country, wrapper, fillers of cigars you like and try to pick them up on the cheap and treat them as your everyday. Also, you can call a rep and see what kind of deal you can get on some 2nds. They say that they are only blemishes but most 2nds I get have minor burn problems but for the price I don't mind. Will I take one to a wedding? No. Will I light one up while working in the yard pulling weeds? You betcha!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Don't know if you're opposed to coronas or not, but you might want to try the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4.
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    I anjoy the Oliva special G for a quick 30min smoke. Or even an Oliva Connecticut Robusto....i just smoke it to the band which can be around 40min or so.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    The baby Cohibas, pequenos I think, are a really good quick smoke. They come 6/tin. I usually fire one up on my way to work, which takes me around the beach. 30 to 45 min tour, perfect. Tried some of the smaller Don Pepins, excellent but kinda pricey for a small stick. Gurkha Micro-Batch is a very mild smoke and I can burn them pretty quickly too. Believe it or not I smoked a 5-Vegas Gold in about 35 min last week, was my last one too. Didn't realize it until after I was done how quickly I had burned through it. My everyday smoke is 5-Vegas Gold or MoW Virtue to start, then whatever.
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Ok. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I guess it all depends on size, and then brand. I havent smoked any of my MOW's yet so I may this weekend and see what's it all about. Nubs, babies and such, gotcha! I also have the 5 vegas gold I believe. I"ll try that too.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    One of my everyday smokes is La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte (LHCOF) they are always good. 5 Vegas gold and gold maduro are a good choice also, I also like CCOM House blend Brazil. +1 on the Cohiba pequenos for a quick smoke.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    jfaciane:

Buddy, I'm in the same boat. Found myself enjoying AVO's a little to much and can be very expensive. I don't remember what post it was. But someone was asking about sample coronas. Alex made a comment about AJ Fernandez Corona Sampler. You just have to call in. Well I did and got a very great deal on it and picked up one. When I get a chance on my lunch breaks, I take one of those out. Easy 40 to 50 minute smoke. Mind you, my lunch break is a hour and a half though. And there is some very good smokes in that sampler that was value friendly.
    RCY Cigars:
    jfaciane:

Buddy, I'm in the same boat. Found myself enjoying AVO's a little to much and can be very expensive. I don't remember what post it was. But someone was asking about sample coronas. Alex made a comment about AJ Fernandez Corona Sampler. You just have to call in. Well I did and got a very great deal on it and picked up one. When I get a chance on my lunch breaks, I take one of those out. Easy 40 to 50 minute smoke. Mind you, my lunch break is a hour and a half though. And there is some very good smokes in that sampler that was value friendly.
    Lol! That's all I have is samplers from this site man, so good deals on all expensive cigars. Such as the 2010 Awards sampler, 90+ rated sampler, Gurhka sampler, and AJ Fernandez sampler.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Padron Londres. Affordable, tasty, and small enough for your time frame.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Affordable but not necessarily quick:
    El Cobre
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002
    5 Vegas Gold (robusto is a quick 30-45 min tasty treat)
    5 Vegas Classic
    Cuavana Intenso (Torpedo has best flavor IMO)
    La herencia cubana Oscuro fuerte

Little cigars:
    LFD Carajos (AMAZING)
    RP 1990 Juniors
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    If you are into them, there are some small, cheap CCs that are really affordable, good, every day smokes... Trinidad Reyes, Partagas Shorts, Ramon Allones Small Club Corona.

Also like the Fuente Sun Grown Chateau Fuente size, Diesel UC, LFD Air Bender Matatan, JDN Antano, Padron x000 series...
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I think 5 Vegas Miami sounds right up your alley - affordable and medium-full. I always keep some petite coronas on hand myself for a nice 30+ minute smoke. It's actually one of my go to smokes.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I have had many everyday smokes over the years that included Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, 5 Vegas Classic, Bauza (for a long time ) Nording (for a longer time), Fuente Cuban Corona, Nica Libre, and Oliva O.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    kaspera79:
    I have had many everyday smokes over the years that included Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, 5 Vegas Classic, Bauza (for a long time ) Nording (for a longer time), Fuente Cuban Corona, Nica Libre, and Oliva O.
    I will second the Nica Libre... Good, cheap and tasty
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    kaspera79:

RP 1992 was my daily for a while, and I love anything from him that is box pressed. yum. havn't had a Rocky in over a year and a half.

Ive been smoking mostly Cains, Cain F series, and Diesels lately. on the cheap side and great strength, even if they do lack some of the nuanced tastes of more expensive sticks.
    Alex Williams:
    Affordable but not necessarily quick:
    El Cobre
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002
    5 Vegas Gold (robusto is a quick 30-45 min tasty treat)
    5 Vegas Classic
    Cuavana Intenso (Torpedo has best flavor IMO)
    La herencia cubana Oscuro fuerte

Little cigars:
    LFD Carajos (AMAZING)
    RP 1990 Juniors
    Williams, thanks for the list bro. And everybody, digging the suggestions and will try some of these. Luckily I have a few on hand and will experiment some.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Alex Williams:
    LFD Carajos (AMAZING)
    i have a few packs of these with over a year on them. they keep getting better.

im not sure if they are "everyday" smokes but these are the cigars that i dont feel bad lighting up on any random thursday:

LFD:
    Airbender
    Double ligero Maduro
    Double Ligero
    JdN Celebration
    JdN Antano (either one really)
    Oliva V
    Oliva G maduro
    Avo Domaine
    J. Fuego 777 corojo
    San Lotano
    MoW original.
    5 Vegas A

those are the cigars that over the last year or so i have found myself reaching for the most.

though i am a strange one. i have no problem breaking out the Davidoff Maduro because it is a random thursday and i want my week to be better. Ill smoke an Anejo because i get out of work early. if i smoke cigars only on special occasions then i dont smoke when i want to. cigars ARE the special occasion any times.
  • NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    JdN Fuerte. Ive enjoyed the corona gorda size, great flavors in a small smoke!
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Pick up a few of the Don Pepin 90+ Rated samplers from the sister site. At $3 a stick, they are the definition of "everyday smokes." And as a medium-full to full lover, I find every one of those sticks right up my alley. In my opinion, it is the best bang-for-the-buck sampler available online right now.
  • Bishop88Bishop88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13

Heavy:
    I think 5 Vegas Miami sounds right up your alley - affordable and medium-full. I always keep some petite coronas on hand myself for a nice 30+ minute smoke. It's actually one of my go to smokes.

+1 for the 5 Vegas Miami.  I just ordered my fifth box in as many months, the M-5's are the perfect size for ~30 min smoke (5 x 55) and I really enjoy the balance of flavor.  Not too expensive either, I've been able to get em for 75 bucks a box recently...occasionally I get a slightly odd burn, but not even enough to really need corrections so I wouldn't even call that a complaint.  :)

• Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    I usually go for the LHCOF and the cccom Brazilian label.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    +1 for CCOM cigars. Red Label, Blue Label and the Brazil.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    CCOM Sungrown Label in the Robusto
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Bishop88:

Heavy:

+1 for the 5 Vegas Miami.  I just ordered my fifth box in as many months, the M-5's are the perfect size for ~30 min smoke (5 x 55) and I really enjoy the balance of flavor.  Not too expensive either, I've been able to get em for 75 bucks a box recently...occasionally I get a slightly odd burn, but not even enough to really need corrections so I wouldn't even call that a complaint.  :)

Agreed the Miami is my go to also. I love the Knuckle in the morning with a cup of coffee.

• Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Bishop88:

Heavy:

I consider myself to be a very fast smoker, but I wouldn't consider the M5 to be a 30 minute smoke. You must be power herfing!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    stephen_hannibal:
    I love the Knuckle in the morning with a cup of coffee.

*Raises Eyebrow
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Lasabar:
    stephen_hannibal:
    I love the Knuckle in the morning with a cup of coffee.

*Raises Eyebrow
    lmao! leave it to lassie
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    I will second the Nica Libre... Good, cheap and tasty
    Reminds me of an ex-girlfriend.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Perdomo "Mistakes"; Brazilian label; Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto's, recently went through a box of House Label Sun Growns and liked them a lot.