Home General Discussion

Oliva event this past weekend

alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
So, I noticed the B&M I normally go to was having an Oliva event this weekend in Lake Charles. I just happened to be in Lake Charles all weekend working a booth at the local Sci-Fi con.

Anyways, I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the rep (didn't catch his name, kinda heavy dude with glasses) was a great guy, very friendly and ready to talk about everything. But it was only an Oliva event, not a Studio Tabac event, so basically they pulled all the boxes of Oliva cigars the B&M already had in stock off their normal spot on the shelves and put them on the table instead. Deal was buy 3 singles and get either a Conn Res toro or Cain Daytona Corona free. I grabbed a couple of Daytonas and a Nub Maduro and got a free Daytona. He threw in a pretty cool Oliva guillotine cutter, and like I said, I have no complaints at all about anything except this; no limited release cigars at all. They didn't even have any MBIII's, lancero anythings, none of the Studio Tobac stuff at all, no V maddies, nothing.

Oh, and a side note, the dude said the Nub San Andreas Maduros were awesome but they weren't going into production on them at all.

Comments

• BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    alienmisprint:
    So, I noticed the B&M I normally go to was having an Oliva event this weekend in Lake Charles. I just happened to be in Lake Charles all weekend working a booth at the local Sci-Fi con.

Anyways, I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the rep (didn't catch his name, kinda heavy dude with glasses) was a great guy, very friendly and ready to talk about everything. But it was only an Oliva event, not a Studio Tabac event, so basically they pulled all the boxes of Oliva cigars the B&M already had in stock off their normal spot on the shelves and put them on the table instead. Deal was buy 3 singles and get either a Conn Res toro or Cain Daytona Corona free. I grabbed a couple of Daytonas and a Nub Maduro and got a free Daytona. He threw in a pretty cool Oliva guillotine cutter, and like I said, I have no complaints at all about anything except this; no limited release cigars at all. They didn't even have any MBIII's, lancero anythings, none of the Studio Tobac stuff at all, no V maddies, nothing.

Oh, and a side note, the dude said the Nub San Andreas Maduros were awesome but they weren't going into production on them at all.

Well that sucks, I have an Olivia event coming here Thursday I plan on attending in hopes that I see some of those San Andres and Lancero. I bet it is the same rep and most likely the same giveaways. Oh well, still going to see what's up.