Home General Discussion

Graycliff Cigar Factory

a_brooksa_brooks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
Bryan and I recently went on a cruise to the Bahamas and while we were there we visited the Graycliff cigar factory. Here are a few pictures I managed to get. DSC_0134 DSC_0131 DSC_0129 DSC_0128 DSC_0127 DSC_0126 DSC_0123

Comments

• cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Neat. What did you think of the hotel? Is it a place you'd consider staying at?
  • a_brooksa_brooks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    Russ55:
    We didn't get to see a lot of the inside of the hotel, but they had a beautiful pool and lounging area outside. In my opinion, the place could've use a bit of cleaning (I'm a clean freak!), but like I said, we didn't see the actual hotel part.
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    I want to visit some factories so bad. Can't wait to graduate and have some free time!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Those shaggies look great.. Would love to spend some time there.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    These are AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! The one thing in life I'd like to do is go to a cigar factory or two and get a look around, not a TOUR with a bunch of tourists, but some wrinkly little guy who speaks broken english to show me the ropes and just take me around!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    a__brooks, Thanks for your post. I am a huge Graycliff fan. Graycliff cigars are one of my favorite and I smoke 5-6 per week. So is it true Avelino Lara blended all their cigars or the new released are blended by someone else? I am talking about the limitada version. I believe Senor Lara passed away last year. I never thought about visiting Bahama but I will go there someday just to visit my favorite Graycliff factory. Again, thanks for the beautiful pictures.
    rzaman:
    a__brooks, Thanks for your post. I am a huge Graycliff fan. Graycliff cigars are one of my favorite and I smoke 5-6 per week. So is it true Avelino Lara blended all their cigars or the new released are blended by someone else? I am talking about the limitada version. I believe Senor Lara passed away last year. I never thought about visiting Bahama but I will go there someday just to visit my favorite Graycliff factory. Again, thanks for the beautiful pictures.
    I honestly don't know, to answer your question. I'm just getting started in cigars. My husband has been into them for a few months, but I am a novice. I just really enjoy taking pictures of them! I would definitely suggest going to visit Graycliff. It's a great experience. The smells that come out of the humidor/rolling room are amazing! We didn't do the paid tour, we just walked around by ourselves, but I'm sure it would be worth it to do the tour. Glad you enjoyed the pictures!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I'm so jealous, my wife and I would love to take such a tour!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    a_brooks:
    Russ55:
    We didn't get to see a lot of the inside of the hotel, but they had a beautiful pool and lounging area outside. In my opinion, the place could've use a bit of cleaning (I'm a clean freak!), but like I said, we didn't see the actual hotel part.
    I am too when it comes to hotels and restaurants. I tend to feel like whatever you see that is unclean is probably multiplied in the areas you can't see. I want to take my wife there sometime, maybe when I graduate, but I think I want to visit it first on a cruise before I plunk down the cash to stay.
    Russ55:
    I want to take my wife there sometime, maybe when I graduate, but I think I want to visit it first on a cruise before I plunk down the cash to stay.
    I would definitely suggest that. Maybe even stay at another resort close to Graycliff. The walk there was pretty shady! And you definitely don't want to get lost around Nassau...lol.