Home General Discussion

Long time smoker, first time poster!

KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
Hey, been smoking these delicious sticks for better part of 4 years now.

Started with a Macanudo, but that was just too light for my tastes so I went up to a La Gloria Cubana and holy smokes I loved the more complex flavors assosiated with medium to full bodied cigars.

Now, I have a 350 count humidor, 2 20 counts, and a coolidor in the works to hold my ever expanding collection!

Been stocking up alot lately with the lkes of Comancho Triple Maduro (Power house cigar!), Diesels, Cain F series, Ave Maria, and Ghurkas. I still love my Rocky Patels and La Gloria Cubanas, but I am getting more and more experimental with my pallet. Tons of other cigars tucked away that I cant remember the names of, but im smoking pretty much anything I find to be to my taste.

My latest smoke today was a cigar I had injected with a bit of Ron Barcelo Anejo Rum a bit over a year ago. I got it slightly moist inside with the rum from foot to head and then laid her to rest in a small humidor to rest for the last year on her own so as to not absorb any other tastes. Lit her up today and BAM, it was like smoking one of the cigar god's own stogies. Smooth, mellow, slight spices, but tons of sweet rum flavor throughout and a cool, even burn. Good thing I made two!

Anyways, Ill be popping on here from time to time as I work in a liquor and cigar store, and have time on my hands sometimes, but Paramedic school keeps me pretty busy otherwise.

I look forward to getting to know some of you fellow lovers of the leaf, and seeing some reviews to further expand my supply!

Michael Young

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Welcome and join the fun!!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Public acknowledgment was ur first mistake, now you're in for it.

welcome to the fun.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    It is a good thing that you are going to paramedics school. First Aid is always needed in this forum.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Krieger:
    My latest smoke today was a cigar I had injected with a bit of Ron Barcelo Anejo Rum a bit over a year ago. I got it slightly moist inside with the rum from foot to head and then laid her to rest in a small humidor to rest for the last year on her own so as to not absorb any other tastes. Lit her up today and BAM, it was like smoking one of the cigar god's own stogies. Smooth, mellow, slight spices, but tons of sweet rum flavor throughout and a cool, even burn. Good thing I made two!
    Some of us have been trying to self-infuse with a tupperware container and it never seems to work right, but just a warning to you:

You're gonna get banned real quick off this forum unless you post how you got this to work

• KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    I worked at a hospital, in the Operating room for 2 years, so I had access to all kinds of needles... I think you get where this is going, but ill just go into detail anyways.

Get a really small needle, the larger the gauge number the better, a 22 will work just fine, but get a long one, preferably at least 2 inches. You can get this from any animal feed or supply store in the form of cow needles actually. Same thing as you would get stuck with in the hospital, but legal for you to buy. haha

I started at the foot, holding the stick straight up and down and slowly inserted the needle so as to do as little damage as possible. I got the needle in as far as possible, then slowly injected small amounts of rum as I backed it out at a steady, slow pace. Didnt use alot of rum, as your wanting the infusion of the taste, not to flood the cigar with it!

so, after doing that back half, i then used a punch to get the cap open on the head and repeated from that end. I then put the stick in a humi and let her sit for a few hours, checked on it and rolled it over to make sure there was no wet spot. There was none, so I allowed it to sit while I went and seasoned up another one and tried the same idea, but with a bit more rum this time.

After the first 2 days of rolling it every few hours, I then put them in their own humidor and let them sit for a month, checked them, rolled them, and repeated for another few months. about 6 months into it, i just started checking for humidity and temp issues and didnt even worry about rolling them as there were zero signs that i did anything to the cigar, other than the humi and cigar had the distinctly sweet smell of sugar cane rum. :-)

13 months after I injected it, i lit that first one up and enjoyed an hour of pure bliss. No burn issues, no runs, and the smoke was insanely smooth. Almost like a mouth-gasm.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Welcome to the group.
    Quote" Almost like a mouth-gasm"
    I like it
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Krieger:
    I worked at a hospital, in the Operating room for 2 years, so I had access to all kinds of needles... I think you get where this is going, but ill just go into detail anyways. Get a really small needle, the larger the gauge number the better, a 22 will work just fine, but get a long one, preferably at least 2 inches. You can get this from any animal feed or supply store in the form of cow needles actually. Same thing as you would get stuck with in the hospital, but legal for you to buy. haha I started at the foot, holding the stick straight up and down and slowly inserted the needle so as to do as little damage as possible. I got the needle in as far as possible, then slowly injected small amounts of rum as I backed it out at a steady, slow pace. Didnt use alot of rum, as your wanting the infusion of the taste, not to flood the cigar with it! so, after doing that back half, i then used a punch to get the cap open on the head and repeated from that end. I then put the stick in a humi and let her sit for a few hours, checked on it and rolled it over to make sure there was no wet spot. There was none, so I allowed it to sit while I went and seasoned up another one and tried the same idea, but with a bit more rum this time. After the first 2 days of rolling it every few hours, I then put them in their own humidor and let them sit for a month, checked them, rolled them, and repeated for another few months. about 6 months into it, i just started checking for humidity and temp issues and didnt even worry about rolling them as there were zero signs that i did anything to the cigar, other than the humi and cigar had the distinctly sweet smell of sugar cane rum. :-) 13 months after I injected it, i lit that first one up and enjoyed an hour of pure bliss. No burn issues, no runs, and the smoke was insanely smooth. Almost like a mouth-gasm.

Wow, I'm not into that sort of thing. But where I come from, that's High Speed. Welcome to forum and good luck.....
    I had tried lots of other stuff, but that was the only one that ever worked. I have dipped them, sprayed them, dabbed some on with my fingers, put some in a jar with a stick and let it sit and nothing worked as well. either it was wayyyyyy too wet, too strong, or didnt do anything but waste a good stick and some liquor.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Welcome to the forums!

Paramedic school, eh? If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to ask. I've been down that road! I think there's a couple others on here as well that are medics.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Hi Michael and welcome to the group.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Mouth-Gasm... nice
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Welcome Michael..Very creative way of infusing you cigars.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Welcome to the forums. Are you by chance the evil twin of our member Krieg?
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    quite interesting, wonder about 22ga spinal needle? you could get in there deep, hmm...oh, yeah, welcome to the group ;)
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Glad to have ya! Might have to try your infusing method sometime.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Welcome to the club!
    haha, didnt even know there was a user named Krieg. I have had this username for the last 9 years now, on soooo many forums. Ill go ahead and season some more and send em out to people to try, if anyone would like to trade in a few months, after they sit and season up? Spread the love!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Krieger:
    Hey, been smoking these delicious sticks for better part of 4 years now. Started with a Macanudo, but that was just too light for my tastes so I went up to a La Gloria Cubana and holy smokes I loved the more complex flavors assosiated with medium to full bodied cigars. Now, I have a 350 count humidor, 2 20 counts, and a coolidor in the works to hold my ever expanding collection! Been stocking up alot lately with the lkes of Comancho Triple Maduro (Power house cigar!), Diesels, Cain F series, Ave Maria, and Ghurkas. I still love my Rocky Patels and La Gloria Cubanas, but I am getting more and more experimental with my pallet. Tons of other cigars tucked away that I cant remember the names of, but im smoking pretty much anything I find to be to my taste. My latest smoke today was a cigar I had injected with a bit of Ron Barcelo Anejo Rum a bit over a year ago. I got it slightly moist inside with the rum from foot to head and then laid her to rest in a small humidor to rest for the last year on her own so as to not absorb any other tastes. Lit her up today and BAM, it was like smoking one of the cigar god's own stogies. Smooth, mellow, slight spices, but tons of sweet rum flavor throughout and a cool, even burn. Good thing I made two! Anyways, Ill be popping on here from time to time as I work in a liquor and cigar store, and have time on my hands sometimes, but Paramedic school keeps me pretty busy otherwise. I look forward to getting to know some of you fellow lovers of the leaf, and seeing some reviews to further expand my supply! Michael Young
    welcome to the forums, like your SN too.