Home General Discussion

Gran Habano 3 SLS issues

long_asheslong_ashes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 166
I bought a box of Gran Habano 3 SLS torpedos a few months ago and EVERY single one of these have sucked. It was my first time trying them out too. Pretty much zero flavor until the last inch and then I get a nice cedar and cream but it's too little too late. Smoking a cigar (torpedo vitola no less) down to the nub to get any flavor is just unacceptable.

Has anyone else had problems with these? On CI's site, the user reviews are cheerful and positive as usual so I'm not sure what to believe. My humidor is fine too (70/70) plus I gave a few to some of my buddies and they thought the same thing.

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I bought a box at the beginning of March. I've only had three but all have been fine.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    got a box of these last week, my first of these in torpedo. Had one last night, pretty much right off the truck, noticed the wrapper a little reluctant to burn, not terrible, but I suspect a little dry boxing might be in order. Noticed my humidor went from 68 to 75%, but also put 45 other cigars in at the same time. I'm thinking a little dry-boxing of these might be in order, and will probably try this before my next one.