Home General Discussion

Diamond Crown Humidors

woodrow1293woodrow1293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
I recently purchased a D/C from Bonita Smokeshop. It is an alleged 90 count
Drake humidor with a digital hygrometer and a new IMAS humid device.
The price at Bonita was the best I could find and the wood (?) coloring matched perfectly with my book shelves--and that is the only positive thing I have to say about it.
I defy anyone to get more 70 cigars in the thing plus it does not churchill sizes--something along with the AF 858 flor fina in length. The humid system does not work--had to use an old credo and the hyrometer stopped working--new battery did not help.
Finally the damn thing failed the dollar bill
test.
All this for only $220.00+.
Please be advised on the DC humidor.
If anyone knows how to contact the DC people directly--please let me know on this forum. It may be JC Newman, but I am not sure. Thanks.

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Humidors never fill to listed capacity, 70 in a 90 count is about right... I think many of us end up with several humi's as we go along.....I started with a 75 count, then a 150, then a 50 quart cooler and lastly a 100 quart cooler....sounds like the humi has other more important issues
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Dont think you need to talk to D/C but to Bonita Smokeshop.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Diamond Crown is a JC Newman brand, yes... but you need to contact Bonita first. If they tell you you need to contact JC Newman, then so be it... but it sounds like something Bonita needs to fix.

As for the size... you may 'defy' me to fit more than 70 sticks in there... but I defy you to find ANY humidor anywhere that actually holds the number of sticks advertised.