Home General Discussion

How often do you get the Daily Deal?

CigarMan37CigarMan37 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 432
I don't know about anyone else but there have been some amazing deals lately including the newest one. I'm looking for forward to lighting up a Sun Grown House Blend this weekend.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    It really depends on the deals being offered for me, as I'm sure it is for many others. I've been really trying to dial it back myself, but every 3-4 weeks something comes up that I really want at a price I like.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    nowhere near as often as i would like.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    kuzi16:
    //////hmmmm ....what are we talking about here? I thought this was a cigar website :)
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    There were times I've ordered 5 in a week. There are also time (like right now) that I haven't ordered anything for months due to putting myself on a buying hold for Lent.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    kuzi16:
    exactly what I wanted to say! :)
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Amos Umwhat:
    kuzi16:

+ 1
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    On rare occasions, twice a week. But for the most part, the cigars offered just don't interest me, so it's more like once every 3 or 4 weeks
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Every now and then but usually I don't want to buy two of them for the free S&H and one plus S&H often kills the bargain price.

Edit: just as they put up 10 bin 85s for $15 shipped...boy is my face red now.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    j0z3r:
    It really depends on the deals being offered for me, as I'm sure it is for many others. I've been really trying to dial it back myself, but every 3-4 weeks something comes up that I really want at a price I like.
    That's about where I'm at. If I had infinite room, it'd probably be a little more. A lot of times I'll see a deal on cigar I like, but I know I just don't have room, or time to get to them, so I pass.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    CigarMan37:
    I don't know about anyone else but there have been some amazing deals lately including the newest one. I'm looking for forward to lighting up a Sun Grown House Blend this weekend.

I guess it just all depends on different factors. Do I have the money? Do I have the room? Have I tried that particular stick before or is it on my want to try asap list? Since I've only been into this hobby for almost a year alot of what they put on the DD I have not tried. I might bite on something once a month if I just can't resist it.

Rob
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Amos Umwhat:
    kuzi16:

+ 1
    sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
  • adrosadros Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 216
    Man they suck me in like a vortex! I'm extremely new. (like 2 months) I get something almost every week. I just ordered a ten pack of graycliff platinum pgx. I have had to smoke around three sticks a day just to keep room in my humidor. I also have filled up my buddies with runovers. Damn cigar deals! Maybe it's time to drop another bomb.
    adros:
    Man they suck me in like a vortex! I'm extremely new. (like 2 months) I get something almost every week. I just ordered a ten pack of graycliff platinum pgx. I have had to smoke around three sticks a day just to keep room in my humidor. I also have filled up my buddies with runovers. Damn cigar deals! Maybe it's time to drop another bomb.
    buy a bigger humidor .
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    adros:
    when you buy everyday is when you get in trouble. ask my lady how much she hate my guts right now....
    I know! Got one you wanna sell? I'm already spending to much on cigars. I am looking at a 300 ct. but then i won't be satisified until it reaches capacity either. I'm in a bit of a cunundrum.
    only buy your favorites. trade for everything else. i dont buy any cigar that i have never had anymore. with all the trades, passes, etc that happen on this forum there is no point in me buying new things. they find their way to my door. this will slow down your buying.
    ... if you are lucky.
    lcpleel:
    adros:
    when you buy everyday is when you get in trouble. ask my lady how much she hate my guts right now....
    your preachin to the choir! I have been using the company credit card to mask how many i actually am getting! I pay the company back and all. But if she saw all these cigars coming out of the account every day i'd have to move out to my shop!
    kuzi16:
    only buy your favorites. trade for everything else. i dont buy any cigar that i have never had anymore. with all the trades, passes, etc that happen on this forum there is no point in me buying new things. they find their way to my door. this will slow down your buying.
    ... if you are lucky.
    I hear you. But I have just started and I don't really know what I've got or how good what I have is or isn't. Let alone try to trade with someone and they give me gold and I give them...a shi**y stick. I have started running things through the review forum before I buy them now. That has helped. I thought the more expensive a cigar was the better it was. I have learned that is not always the case
    adros:
    kuzi16:
    ... if you are lucky.
    I hear you. But I have just started and I don't really know what I've got or how good what I have is or isn't. Let alone try to trade with someone and they give me gold and I give them...a shi**y stick. I have started running things through the review forum before I buy them now. That has helped. I thought the more expensive a cigar was the better it was. I have learned that is not always the case
    dont worry about trading crap. most people here wont look a gift horse in the mouth. plus it is always a way for you and others to try new stuff.
  • The HoosThe Hoos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 42
    adros:
    I can be your buddy! LOL
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Time to quit buying and start smoking. Don't pay attention to the cost of the stick, the time of day, type of drink, etc.. Just start lighting them. 2- 3 a day. Reach in grab one and go. And pay attention to the habits that you develop. After a few weeks or month, look in your humi. The ones that are left are the ones you didn't care for. When you reach into you humi and a certain stick is not there and you miss it,, then you know, that's your everyday smoke. Enjoy it.
    beatnic:
    Time to quit buying and start smoking. Don't pay attention to the cost of the stick, the time of day, type of drink, etc.. Just start lighting them. 2- 3 a day. Reach in grab one and go. And pay attention to the habits that you develop. After a few weeks or month, look in your humi. The ones that are left are the ones you didn't care for. When you reach into you humi and a certain stick is not there and you miss it,, then you know, that's your everyday smoke. Enjoy it.
    ....OR you will be left with a bunch of your favorites because you dont know when you will be able to get your hands on them again at the price you did last time. you feel bad smoking the good stuff because you "just want a cigar" and that occasion isnt "special" enough to warrant an expensive or special occasion stick.

...that is my daily struggle.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    beatnic:

Now thats some Great Freaking Advice! Your the MAN!
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    kuzi16:
    OR you will be left with a bunch of your favorites because you dont know when you will be able to get your hands on them again at the price you did last time. you feel bad smoking the good stuff because you "just want a cigar" and that occasion isnt "special" enough to warrant an expensive or special occasion stick.

...that is my daily struggle.
    +1
    beatnic:
    good advice! Went home just to grab another one. Third one of the day!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Too much. Much too much. In fact I had to get another humi.
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    adros:
    Dude, I'm in the same exact boat! Started in Feb this year and since I've found this site, I've been buying like crazy, spent $160 this month already!! As for humidor problems, cause I'm running into that issue too, just build a coolidor. That's my next project. You can make it as big as you want for much, much cheaper if you don't care about looks. I'm going to keep my nice 50 ct humidor for viewing and my huge 100 qt. coolidor for storage and aging purposes. Look in to it man, you might like the coolidor idea.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I don't get many DDs anymore. Just hasn't had anything i wanted lately (that I already didn't have)
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Too often. I would say 4 - 6 times a month.