Home General Discussion

I have a new top-5 favorite.

bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
5 Vegas Relic. Awesome cigar. That's all I really wanted to say.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I totally disagree. You'll have to send me some to change my mind ;)
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    xmacro:
    I totally disagree. You'll have to send me some to change my mind ;)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    bacon.jay:

how much age did it have on it?

i always felt that this cigar needed a ton of age to get it up to its full potential.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    bacon.jay:

I had one of these the other day and thought the exact same thing. I'm actually gonna get a box in the near future.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I think I'm out of them... have been through two boxes. You'll probably like other sticks with the same wrapper, such as the Diesel UC and the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I disagree too. I have tried them young, and tried them with a year or so of age on them, and every time they start good, but by the 1/3 or 1/2 mark they turn bitter and harsh, or burn terribly. Not a fan.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    zoom6zoom:
    I think I'm out of them... have been through two boxes. You'll probably like other sticks with the same wrapper, such as the Diesel UC and the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte.
    Haha, I love the Diesel UC and I have a box of LHC Oscuro fuertes in the bottom of my humidor! They need more age though.

• skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    docbp87:
    I disagree too. I have tried them young, and tried them with a year or so of age on them, and every time they start good, but by the 1/3 or 1/2 mark they turn bitter and harsh, or burn terribly. Not a fan.

If you have any you need rid of, I'll gladly take them off your hands :0)
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    I did not think the Relic had the Pennsylvania boradleaf wrapper. Either way glad you like them...I have never been a fan.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    dowjr1:
    I did not think the Relic had the Pennsylvania boradleaf wrapper. Either way glad you like them...I have never been a fan.
    You would be correct sir. And you beat me to it. The Relic doesn't have the PA Broadleaf but actually has a Dominican grown Cuban seed wrapper.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    zoom6zoom:
    Were you referring to the 5 Vegas AAA perhaps?
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    j0z3r:
    zoom6zoom:
    Were you referring to the 5 Vegas AAA perhaps?
    LHCOF = YUM!!!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I agree with the Relic-Skeptics... They are great for the first part, but go downhill fairly quickly... LOVE the first part, but put them down early