Home General Discussion

Arturo Fuente Special Selection

KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
Guys/Gals. I was gifted a couple of these by someone at work who knows I like cigars. I've never heard of or saw these before. So, I imagine they're not so hot. I don't want to seem ungratefull for someone thinking of me but, has anyone ever had one of these? If so, ????? Thanks.

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    I think this is what you have.
    ARTURO FUENTE Special Selection Curly Head Deluxe

6.5" x 43RG

Wrapper: Ecuador/USA/Connecticut
    Binder: Dominican Republic
    Filler: Dominican Republic
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    lcpleel:
    I think this is what you have.
    ARTURO FUENTE Special Selection Curly Head Deluxe

6.5" x 43RG

Wrapper: Ecuador/USA/Connecticut
    Binder: Dominican Republic
    Filler: Dominican Republic
    Its not a curly head. Looks (more) like a robusto (Approx 46 X 5.5).
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Never heard of these, and I'm a pretty big Fuente ***. Post pics please. If the band is red and gold, and says Arturo Fuente Special Selection, that's a Curly Head deluxe.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    docbp87:
    Never heard of these, and I'm a pretty big Fuente ***. Post pics please. If the band is red and gold, and says Arturo Fuente Special Selection, that's a Curly Head deluxe.
    He is a big Fuente ***.
    lcpleel:
    docbp87:
    He is a big Fuente ***.
    Yeah. Somehow S.Lut is not kosher. But when it comes to Fuente, it is an appropriate adjective for me. Not even ashamed. I would sell crack on the street corner for Opus. I would probably do far... seedier things than that even.
    I love Fuente myself. I mentioned that to this person after I had my first Anejo (and fell in love). So, when they came in and said, "I have something for you". I was all giddy. Then he gave me these. It does have that Red & Gold band "Arturo Fuente Special Selection"
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Can you take a pic?
    rwheelwright:
    Can you take a pic?
    Will try.
    Sorry. These aren't the best pics.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Those are Fuente Curly Heads. Haven't had one of those in a while. A lot of people talk *** about them but I thought for the price they were pretty good but that was like 12 years ago and haven't had one since. I think they are machine made, but not positive. Also I believe they are a mixed filler cigar.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    +1

Definitely the same label as the curley head deluxe, so I would imagine that if it doesn't have a "curly head" then its at least something similar. Which mean mixed filler. I agree though, that they aren't bad smokes, but its been a while for me as well since I finished my box, which was the first box I ever bought. The Curly head Deluxe Maduro. I enjoyed them as a newbie.
    Thanks guys. Thats what I wanted to know.
    Yep. That's a Curly Head Deluxe. Your estimated dimensions may be off though. Give them a measure...
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Curley heads are what got me started in cigars, always will have a soft spot for them. Nice stick for the price
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    When I started smoking cigars they could be bought for .99 cents each. That was a great deal. I haven't had one in over fifteen years. I guess I outgrew them.