Home General Discussion

question for botl's with wine coolidors

NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
what do you guys do about condensation during the summer months?

Comments

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    why would there be any?
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    condensation??????
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    NightHawk:
    I've only had issues with the condensation kind of pooling at the bottom near the drain plug. First I plugged the drain and then put ample amounts of beads over the hole to absorb the excess.
  • TIGERFANTIGERFAN Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    Have not had a problem at all with condensation, have humi jars on every shelf and have not seen any, strange you would be getting condensation this time of year. Which model are you using?
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Lasabar:
    NightHawk:
    I've only had issues with the condensation kind of pooling at the bottom near the drain plug. First I plugged the drain and then put ample amounts of beads over the hole to absorb the excess.
    +1 I shaved down an old wine cork and plugged up the drain hole. Then I filled a section from an old pair of the wife's hose with the beads and laid it right on top of the drain plug.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I could never get the vinotemps to hold a consistent RH for me though. Once I started seeing mold I was done with them.
  • NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    I havent came into any yet, but when the weather gets hotter, and the cooler runs I usually get a small pool of condensation near the drain hole (which I plugged). Last summer I put a folded up paper towel to absorb the water and changed it out every other day or so. During the winter months Ive just left the cooler unplugged and its held solid throughout. 65/65. Its a 28 bottle edgestar model and ive got about 3 lbs of beads in there.