Home General Discussion

CCOM house labels really lightly packed?

asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
I just tried my first house label Sungrown, a churchill I'd ordered last summer. Unfortunately I only ordered one so I don't have a reference point to compare this one too. I really enjoyed it, but the construction was just off. When I'd felt it in my humi here and there since I got it, I noticed it felt squishy, and when I went to punch it today it literally bent like it was about to break. I think it was extremely lightly packed, it lit up easily and burned fairly quickly.

I smoked it down and had a pretty good experience the first 1/2 through, but then the wrapper actually started to come apart revealing the binder! I was able to smoke it down and luckily it didn't fall apart, but I think it definitely affected the taste. I've never seen a cigar so lightly packed that it almost came apart. Has anyone else had this experience with one of the house labels?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    If you decide to try this one out again, I'd recommend trying the torpedo. I've had similar issues with the robusto, but the torpedo has been spot on each time.
  • DynaguyDynaguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    My only experience has been with the Torps and I have only smoked 10 of the box I ordered last month. However, construction has been perfect in every sample that I have tried so far. The ash has held on for at least an inch and has to be firmly tapped off. I have to add that I smoked 2 off the truck and was not too impressed. But a few days really improved these cigars. Now, they ain't Pepin Blacks or any other high priced spread, but they are way beyond fishing or yard gars. Worth the bucks.