Home General Discussion

When did ccom start selling machine made sticks?

GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
I must have missed that.

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    they always have sold backwoods. i guess even the cheap cigar smoker is looking for an online outlet.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I used to smoke Al Capone's in high school. Can't find them anywhere local anymore
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    skweekz:
    I used to smoke Al Capone's in high school. Can't find them anywhere local anymore
    awesome!! i smoked swisher's out of high school. ya gots to start somewhere
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    dennisking:
    skweekz:

While deployed a couple of times, I had some black and milds.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    i think they have always sold them but recently separated them into their own section.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    RCY Cigars:
    dennisking:
    skweekz:

While deployed a couple of times, I had some black and milds.

Black n Mild's were my smoke of choice in High School. Especially when I would ditch my study halls in the morning to go snook fishing. Good times.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    I believe the first cigar I ever tried to smoke was called a Parodi...I think that is how its spelled. It looked like something Clint Eastwood would smoke in one of his western ponchos...it was definitely an ugly stick. Crooked and all knotted up.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Ahh, the memories of machine made cigars. I used to smoke Phillies Blunts...well, the wrapper anyway.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I started out on machine mades, mostly White Owls and Garcia Vegas. When my younger son went to college, he came back with some man mades one weekend about two years ago and the rest is history. I'm poorer, but happier!

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Nasty Ace Dutch Masters... That's what I started on... took me a LONG while to come back to cigars after High School
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I started out with Black n Milds and Backwoods ...... still don't mind them every once in a blue moon .
    kingjk729:
    I started out with Black n Milds and Backwoods ...... still don't mind them every once in a blue moon .
    Black and Milds I don't think I could do again... But I did smoke them quite a bit... But backwoods, with the sickly sweet and mushy cigar from the pouch... I kinda get nostalgic for them once and awhile, NEVER act on it, but kinda crave them once and awhile
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I remember in high school smoking a few 5 packs of Hava-Tampa Jewels, the ones with the sweetened wooden tips, lol.
    alienmisprint:
    I remember in high school smoking a few 5 packs of Hava-Tampa Jewels, the ones with the sweetened wooden tips, lol.
    I also thought I was Bad A$$ when I smoked Swisher's with the WOOD tip... Booya!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I guess I am the outlier, I started smoking VS Sungrown and Acid Kuba Kuba, Blondie and Cold Infusion Tea, I then had a Dutch Masters from my gramps and smoked 3 puffs before I stomped it out I remember it was bitter and acrid.
    I finally left flavored cigars after about 3 months and never looked back.
    My future father-in-law buys non-banded machine-made cherry flavored coronas...
    I try not to make him feel bad, but I either have to bring him some of my smokes (to every function whether large or small) or have to smoke one of them with him...
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Hawk55:
    I believe the first cigar I ever tried to smoke was called a Parodi...I think that is how its spelled. It looked like something Clint Eastwood would smoke in one of his western ponchos...it was definitely an ugly stick. Crooked and all knotted up.
    One of my Scoutmasters smoked those.... we used to call them Grody Parodis.... always argued about whether they smelled worse lit or unlit. Always think of Jack when I see them, he passed away a few weeks ago.