Home General Discussion

Denver

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Anyone out there?? I will be going out there in a week or so to close down our office. Probably gonna hit cool river for some drinks and cigars.

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Good old Denver...... Im 45 miles north, would love to have a stick with you.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Let me know when you're gonna be here. If the timing is right, I'd be up for a stick with you.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    so far its the week of april 18th
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Come a little further south from Cool River to the Stanley Pappas lounge. Huge, comfortable lounge. They will let you bring your own drinks (and even provide the glass and ice). It's my go-to spot.
    ill check it out, the guy im going with also is into cigars so it will def be on our agenda.
    ndhaon91:
    Come a little further south from Cool River to the Stanley Pappas lounge. Huge, comfortable lounge. They will let you bring your own drinks (and even provide the glass and ice). It's my go-to spot.
    holy crap im in! Never knew Pappas lounge was there.
  • angrymanangryman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    I wish I wasn't deployed, I'd be going too.
    firetruckguy:
    ndhaon91:

holy crap im in! Never knew Pappas lounge was there.

It's on the southeast side of Arapahoe and I-25 in a strip mall. Years ago it was housed in an old train car that was just parked in the parking lot. It's a really good spot. Theo Pappas, Stanley's daughter, runs it. Walter Davis, the former NBA player, handles it when she's not there. Very friendly folks and comfortable atmosphere.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Denver... The windy City... GORGEOUS!
    just checked out their website, that place is right down the street from where we are staying, so we will probably be there on tues for sure
    Krieg:
    just checked out their website, that place is right down the street from where we are staying, so we will probably be there on tues for sure

Great. Let us know what time. I have some lunch appointments but I might swing by mid-afternoon.
    Just got some sticks in the mail from Poker Slob!! with a nice note saying that in case we miss each other while I'm in Denver to have a smoke on him. Thanks buddy, these are some great sticks. The Decade is one of my favorites! We def have to get together while I'm there!

My flight will get in monday morning, but will be working most of the day. Tuesday I think we will have some more free time if we get all our crap done the night before. Me and my other co-worker like to work late to get all our crap done so we can slack off the next day.
    I will be posting on this thread any updates where I'll be if any of you guys wanna hang out for a bit. I can't wait to check out the cigar lounge. Looks fantastic...any of you been there?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    ndhaon91:
    Krieg:
    Great. Let us know what time. I have some lunch appointments but I might swing by mid-afternoon.
    Krieg, hope you have a good time out there. I was just in Denver the week before last in the area you will be in. I never made it to Pappas' cigars (stupid work kept me out too late), but a couple doors down in that same strip mall there is a restaurant, "something-something" Grill - best steak Ive ever had IN MY LIFE, bar none! Its pricey, but if you want a steak that you will remember for the rest of your life you should check it out.

Then walk over to Pappas' for an awesome after-dinner cigar. :-)

The Sniper:
    ndhaon91:
    Krieg:
    Krieg, hope you have a good time out there. I was just in Denver the week before last in the area you will be in. I never made it to Pappas' cigars (stupid work kept me out too late), but a couple doors down in that same strip mall there is a restaurant, "something-something" Grill - best steak Ive ever had IN MY LIFE, bar none! Its pricey, but if you want a steak that you will remember for the rest of your life you should check it out.

Speaking of steak, did you check out cool river while you were there?? It's a great steak house and they have a cigar lounge in there too. Perfect for right after a nice steak dinner.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    I've been to Pappas a few times and it is a nice place to relax. I hope you get some time off on Tuesday, it looks like a good day for me so far. Keep us posted.
    If we are talking next tuesday afternoon I do belive i may have some free time. Sounds like a great time boys.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Krieg:
    The Sniper:
    ndhaon91:
    Krieg:

Speaking of steak, did you check out cool river while you were there?? It's a great steak house and they have a cigar lounge in there too. Perfect for right after a nice steak dinner.
    Unfortunately no, sounds like a great place though.