Home General Discussion

Tatuaje saints and siners?

Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
has anyone heard anything about this before?

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Yes, you buy a membership & get lots of perks. Pete Johnson is very active on another forum and has given many details there. PM me & I will point you in the right direction.
  • ajacobsajacobs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 29
    I don't think anything has materialized yet.  I signed up for notification on the website and have yet to here anything.  I know it has been in the works for years.  Did I miss it somehow?
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    jsnake you have a pm
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Word from Pete is that release was going to be on April 1, but due to hold ups on some production or delivery of some products, it has been postponed a month or two or something. The sticks included in the package look awesome...
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    when he was here in Sacreamento he told me and some of the guys that were chatting it up with that the production was off and there were some other issues and that when he came back in May he might have some for us at the event he is doing but he doubted there would be anything anytime SOON!.... who knows really.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    All the PM's were replied to.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    docbp87 you have a pm
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Maybe this will be a limited release thing...like all the sticks. Of course then it should also be artifically limited to boost conversation...like all the sticks ;)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Vulchor:
    Maybe this will be a limited release thing...like all the sticks. Of course then it should also be artifically limited to boost conversation...like all the sticks ;)
    I get the point, but you can't really say its artificially limited just because they chose to only make a certain number. That's like saying the Bugatti Veyron (sp) is "artificially" a limited production car because there is enough metal in the world to make more but they chose not to. LoL
    I realize Puro....but there is plenty of conflicting info coming from Pete and enough of it has basically said many of his "limited" blends are just to get rid of tobacco he has on hand. Not saying its not good business, and maybe even a good cigar-----but it also quite "creative" wording to say the least. Getting too many limited everything from everywhere in the cigars lately. Tat seems to be leading that charge.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    LoL I know Vulch. Just bustin your chops bro!
    nO PROBM MY MAN....CHOPS BUSTED......damn Caps lock.............................Am I the only guy here BTW that is wishing I wouldve had about 19 beers tonight?
    People that get their panties in a knot over limited cigars need to learn how to google. Finding out about them is just that simple... or start reading the news sites. Or start reading the big forums that the industry folks themselves post on.
    If that was directed to me about the limited sticks and not doing my research----again, if I care to do that much work...or course I can. The point is not about googling or reading or twisted panties----its about making limited or saying limited just for the sake of doing it. Getting old.
    Vulchor:
    If that was directed to me about the limited sticks and not doing my research----again, if I care to do that much work...or course I can. The point is not about googling or reading or twisted panties----its about making limited or saying limited just for the sake of doing it. Getting old.
    Not directed at you, or anyone specifically, but I see a lot of whining on this site in general from people about limited edition stuff. It isn't that hard to get, and as far as I know, all of the limited stuff Pete (at least) has done lately has been for specific shops for specific reasons. The Tattoo is the only cigar he has done recently that has been for anything other than to celebrate the anniversary of a big tobacconist who has done a lot for the industry over the years (WC Draper, Federal Cigar, and to a lesser extent Smoke Inn). The Monster is the only series that people have trouble really getting that gets the hype people are referring to on this site, and at least with this past year's release, I don't think anyone had any trouble getting a box... even CCom had boxes, which is pretty rare, since they are an online retailer, and the limited stuff tends to be targeted at B&Ms, because with the law the way it is right now, we all need to do our part and support our local shops, if we want to keep enjoying the hobby we enjoy.

If there is one brand to *** about with limited releases, it's Viaje, and the way they produce a few lines of mediocre regular production stuff, and then put out small batches of high quality limited stuff, without having the standard product lines to back their brand up.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "making limited or saying limited just for the sake of doing it". It's business, and on top of that, it allows the brand to put out special products for their die hard consumers to collect. I personally like bitching about rare baseball cards, stamps, coins, and other collectibles, because it isn't fair that some are harder to get than others. Wahh wahh.
    Christian_Sapp:
    docbp87 you have a pm
    Replied.
    Agreed about Viaje......havent had one yet that wow'ed me either.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Actually, think they're harder to get than Tats...they had one released from Tower not too long ago which went faster than anything I could imagine!
    Nick2021:
    Actually, think they're harder to get than Tats...they had one released from Tower not too long ago which went faster than anything I could imagine!
    Oh yeah, I wasn't saying that Viaje's LE stuff wasn't hard to get. It definitely goes fast, faster than the limited Tat stuff.