Home General Discussion

Box with Large Griffin on top?

DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
I saw it in a picture on a thread in here and cant for the life of me remember where. I've looked all over, just apparently in the wrong places. What was the name of the cigars that came in it, if anyones knows, and what is their profile like?

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Pretty sure that's the Liga Privada. Wish I could tell you what they're like but I've never had one - i hear nothing but good things though.

Then again, there is a cigar called The Griffin's as well.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    are you talking about the Liga Privada?? or maybe the The Griffin's?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the griffin cigars.
    they are a Davidoff product and they carry the kelner signature blending style.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    I looked and its not the Griffin Cigars. The griffin was much larger. The Liga Privada No. 9 has the same griffin on the box, but the box seemed to have been darker, might have just been the photography. Or maybe a special edition, I seem to remember the one in the photo was a stouter, wider box. I was really hoping it was something I hadn't tried, and if its a Drew Estates, I probably haven't. Most of their Cigars seem to be a little bland to me. Maybe I just need to get a sampler and try some more.

EDIT: It was the Liga Privera, I remember him saying something about the dirty rat in the post which is one of their sizes....dang

here are the photos, I found them in the what I got today. BTW you guys buy entirely too much stuff (it took 20 minutes of straight looking)!

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    DSWarmack:
    I looked and its not the Griffin Cigars. The griffin was much larger. The Liga Privada No. 9 has the same griffin on the box, but the box seemed to have been darker, might have just been the photography. Or maybe a special edition, I seem to remember the one in the photo was a stouter, wider box. I was really hoping it was something I hadn't tried, and if its a Drew Estates, I probably haven't. Most of their Cigars seem to be a little bland to me. Maybe I just need to get a sampler and try some more.

EDIT: It was the Liga Privera, I remember him saying something about the dirty rat in the post which is one of their sizes....dang

here are the photos, I found them in the what I got today. BTW you guys buy entirely too much stuff (it took 20 minutes of straight looking)!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Your not slick DS, you know those are mine. If you want some, all you have to do is ask SSG. Your mailbox is exposed anyway....
    kuzi16:
    the griffin cigars.
    they are a Davidoff product and they carry the kelner signature blending style.
    Slight thread jack:
    Hey man, from previous discussions you've got me intruiged with the Kelner blending style/musk and I'm dying to try something of his soon. Davidoff's might be out of my $$ range at the moment, so how would you say The Griffin's measure up? You also mentioned one of the AVO's is a Kelner blend - which was that again? Thanks!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    All of the Avo blends are Kelner blends Heavy. Some expose the musk more than others though. The Griffins are a good, moderately priced cigar, mild but flavorful and they do have some of the musk going on.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    This has been a good thread, has sparked my interest in trying the Griffins again. I had one a long time ago, but I need to revisit this brand. I need to try the Maduro since I've only had the natural.
    Thanks Joz3r. I've only had one AVO and it was the 787 I think, but it was in an atmosphere where I couldn't really focus on the cigar - I seem to recall a lot of leather and spice though.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Heavy:
    Thanks Joz3r. I've only had one AVO and it was the 787 I think, but it was in an atmosphere where I couldn't really focus on the cigar - I seem to recall a lot of leather and spice though.
    That sounds about right, as I recall the 787 is one of the stronger Avo blends, though you don't notice it until about the midway point then it hits you. For a good dose of the Kelner musk, I think the Avo 85th LE11 is a must try, it's not cheap at around $16 a stick, but it's a phenomenal cigar. Also, check out some of the Zino blends, also made by Davidoff. The Zino classic is quite good and quite reasonably priced.