Home General Discussion

Humidor set ups?

jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
Im new to the experience and so far I am enjoying it very much. It's been getting better and better with each smoke with a few exceptions here and there. I was wondering how people set up their humidors. Do you put the divider between you cigars and your humidity device? If so, do you keep your cutters, matches, and others in there too? Where do you put you digital hygrometer (if you have one) to save room for more cigars? Just a few tips I'm looking for or some advice. I have a small humidor, 50 ct. Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I take my dividers out so I can fit more in there. I have small, flat hygrometers not much thicker than a credit card. They fit anywhere. I use Heartfelt humidity beads & Boveda packs in all of mine. Do a search in Cigar 101 & you should find much more info. Welcome to the forums.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    For a 50ct box, the Heartfelt beads in a tube would be perfect! It would only take up space of 1 cigar. For a hygrometer, I would use the digital Hygroset II Adjustable on the inside lid. I don't think I'd use dividers either. If I ever worry about cigars touching, I just leave the cello on with the ends of the plastic clipped. Thats probably how I'd setup a 50ct box. Just me though.
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Because of humidity issues I use my divider with cigars on one side and humi pillows on the other with a shot of distilled water. I can still fit about 40 cigars in with no problem. My digital hygrometer came with a magnet to I place it on the roof of the humidor.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    My hygrometers are attached to the lid with magnets as are my bead pucks. I do not keep my cutters or matches in there. In my 50cnt the 1 divider is right justified, so to speak, and most of the cigars are stacked on the other side. This small, divided, area gives me a little room for a few cigars and some pillows or a shot glass of water if needed as it has been a dry winter up here and this humi gets opened daily at least once. Other than that I would probably remove it. Usually group cigars by length first so they all pretty much even, not wasting space. You can put them together unless you have some flavored or infused cigars which should be separated. You don’t want to pack them in too tight, leave room to breath. In my aging humi they are pretty much sorted by length, boldness, or whatever fits best. I used some extra wood spacers that came in a box of Gurkha’s I had bought awhile back for dividers too. Both humi’s have 2 hygrometers which I switch from time to time. Good luck with your zoning. Oh, you will need a larger humi too.
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Sweet, thanks for the replies guys. Gave me some ideas for my own so I'll be changing that up pronto, especially after I get my shipment of cigars I ordered form the COTMC.