Home General Discussion

Which one is better?

gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
If you had to choose between a JDN Dark Corojo Azarosa or Martillo what would you do? If you could specify why would be cool also.

Keep in mind Im a full body full flavor kinda guy. As in LFD Dl chisels for breakfast lol. So Im thinkin the Martillo with the smaller rg would be better but am not sure. 54 is the fattest cigar I enjoy usually.

Comments

• ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Go fatter on this one. Its chock full of dark corojo leaves and they have a much better chance of combustion and flavor distribution.....or something like that. Haha, I haven't tried any of the other sizes all I know is that the Martillo is what ccom recommends. It is a thick leaved cigar though, and I suspect bigger is better.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Thanks for the input. Mistake in my 1st post. Martillo is the fatter one. Im leaning toward the smaller rg to really get the full effect of that wrapper but am willing to hear what others think.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I'd recommend going with the Martillo. The Azorosa is nice, but the Martillo is just better.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I bought a box of each. The Martillo when I have the time, and the Azarosa when I have less. I think the Azarosa may be a tad stronger, but I think I like the el Martillo more. They're both good. I dunno, I guess that's why I bought both. Sorry that doesn't help much.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    gaberox:
    Thanks for the input. Mistake in my 1st post. Martillo is the fatter one. Im leaning toward the smaller rg to really get the full effect of that wrapper but am willing to hear what others think.
    this is the thought i would run with. the smaller ring makes this blend in my opinion. i just wish they would make this in a lancero. i have had an original antano in the lancero and it was amazing. i assume the dark corojo yield the same results. until then i have to stick with the corona sizes of these blends.
    kuzi16:
    gaberox:
    this is the thought i would run with. the smaller ring makes this blend in my opinion. i just wish they would make this in a lancero. i have had an original antano in the lancero and it was amazing. i assume the dark corojo yield the same results. until then i have to stick with the corona sizes of these blends.

Thats what I was pretty much counting on but wanted to get some opinions since this is a pretty popular cigar. Just think, all this deliberation over a single! Ha ha but you all were thinking I was debating over a box.
    gaberox:
    kuzi16:
    gaberox:
    Thats what I was pretty much counting on but wanted to get some opinions since this is a pretty popular cigar. Just think, all this deliberation over a single! Ha ha but you all were thinking I was debating over a box.
    a single? geeez just get both.
    I would but I have to be very picky with my purchases and there are a few different things I want to try.

Got to keep the mrs happy. Im slowly working my way up the ladder. Used to only keep 10 then 20 now have about 40 cigars. Next step a bigger humi. Working her into it slowly but surely lol.
    i have played that chess game before.

i think im up to about 500 or so sticks.

tread lightly.
    kuzi16:
    i have played that chess game before.

i think im up to about 500 or so sticks.

tread lightly.

Ya its been about 3 yrs already so treading painfully slow so far ha ha.