Home General Discussion

Filling the Bugatti lighter

asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
Hey BOTLs -

I've got one of the Bugatti B1 lighters from here, and I'm loving it, but I'm not sure I'm using it very efficiently. I'll fill it with butane for a few minutes, but each fill only lasts 2-3 cigars or so. The problem is I have no idea when the tank is full, or if it's even filling (I've heard sometimes you have to go in at an angle to fill it, but when I do that it just sprays back). I'm also wondering what people have found is a good strength to set the flame to - all the way down, so as not to burn the butane too quickly, or is that too weak? I haven't been able to experiment with it as I haven't found a good tool to change the strength on it yet ;)

Thanks!!

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Before you fill it, you have to purge it. Turn it to its lowest setting and stick the tip of a ball point pen down the fill opening until you hear the air releasing. When that sound stops, the lighter is purged.

I usually fill mine in 3 to 4 second blasts. Others here say just keep the pressure on until it blows back, either is probably fine. The setting is up to you. I usually keep mine from medium to high.

Good luck.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Be careful if your using a pen never you the gel or liquid ink pen just a regular bic. I lost a pair of jeans doing that with a liquid ink pen.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Be careful if your using a pen never you the gel or liquid ink pen just a regular bic. I lost a pair of jeans doing that with a liquid ink pen.
    I should have been a little clearer. I have an old ballpoint pen that I keep rubber banded to the butane can. Never use a pen that you intend to use again, the butane that you are purging will freeze it making the pen useless.