Home General Discussion

Rate my Cigar App

bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
Hey I know a couple of you mentioned that you keep journals for your cigars, but I found an android app called rate my cigar that lets you keep records of your cigar. In order for it to work the best you need to go to the creator's site and upload a data file to your computer then to your phone that has damn near every cigar they sell here and some they don't preloaded. It is cool to check out because there are plenty of times I choose to smoke at my b&m and I may not take my journal with me. Just fyi

Comments

• DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    AWESOME! I was looking for a cigar app the other day and must have missed this one, Ill check it out!
  • niz33niz33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    Great app, I have worked very closely with the developer on bring more features to the app. He is open to ideas and is constantly updating.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Is there an Iphone app?
  • sdloco30sdloco30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    lcpleel:
    Is there an Iphone app?

Yea iPhone...
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    is there a blackberry app?
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Not sure about blackberry. I need to check for an update.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    bigjohn125:
    is there a blackberry app?

I have yet to find a blackberry app for Cigars, and the droid one that I found is, i believe, a different one. It is called My Cigar Book Plus, but it works, and the developer is open to ideas and feedback, and prompt at responding to both.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I don't know if they have an app available but have a look at cigarregister.com. I used to use their program to keep track Of my sticks. I liked it pretty well but just got bored with all the record-keeping. Too lazy, I guess.

Marty

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    jlmarta:
    I don't know if they have an app available but have a look at cigarregister.com. I used to use their program to keep track Of my sticks. I liked it pretty well but just got bored with all the record-keeping. Too lazy, I guess.

Marty

Man that cigarregister.com looks intense. I just use note pad to keep a record.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    jlmarta:
    have a look at cigarregister.com. I used to use their program to keep track Of my sticks. I liked it pretty well but just got bored with all the record-keeping. Too lazy, I guess.

Marty

Dito. I just wanna enjoy my cigars. Got to be a pain. I do have a Droid phone and am intersted in the App. mentioned. Keep us posted (the guys using it) on how its working; please. I seem to always have my phone with me if I'm having a cigar. But, I don't usually have my Laptop.
    Yea man I hear ya. Thats the thing if im at the b&m I will have my phone with me and not my note book. If you go to the developers site after downloading the app you get a whole bunch of preloaded cigars and as you smoke it you just enter what you think about the cigar. But hey im not getting paid by the developers just wanted to pass on some info to fellow cigar smokers.
    Cool. Keep us posted. Let us know how its working for you.
  • niz33niz33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    I love the droid app. Yeah it takes time to start out with but I always up date my app just right after I place and order or when I'm smoking. It gets to be pretty easy after a while beside I’m always on my phone.
  • BadBud6BadBud6 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    lcpleel:
    Is there an Iphone app?

Mobile Stogie is a good one. has 1,000's of reviews, references, you can set up a listing of multiple humi's and a bunch of other stuff.
    BadBud6:
    lcpleel:
    Is there an Iphone app?
    Mobile Stogie is a good one. has 1,000's of reviews, references, you can set up a listing of multiple humi's and a bunch of other stuff.

I have both Mobile Stogie and CigarCyclopedia and prefer the latter for more complete info. Just MHO.

Marty

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    BadBud6:
    lcpleel:
    Is there an Iphone app?
    this is the one I use. They just came out with an update to 3.0, with 9,000 new cigars for the DB and lots of feature updates.
    Is there anywhere in "Rate My Cigar" to enter notes or is it just a number from 1-10?
    Yes there is space to write notes. And even with newer cigars for example the Cain Daytona there isn't any preloaded information but it is easy to create a new entry and still have preloaded info like size and strength already there so it isn't tedious. Like a previous poster said once you get going it really gets easier. I bet a small to medium size cigar dealer could keep nice entries on their inventory in the palm of their hands.
    Just F.Y.I. I had a question and Arthur got back to me within a day. Very nice.
    I did as well and he got back to me that evening. An update is expected in a week or so.
    Did it and got the App. Looking forward to playing around with it. Thanks for the heads Up Blue Z.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I just downloaded the app as well. It has diesels in the list. That was a shock. Look forward using the app.
    Well, I guess I'll have to claim terminal stupidity - I've done a buncha searches but haven't found this app for an iPhone. What am I doing wrong?

Marty

jlmarta:
    Well, I guess I'll have to claim terminal stupidity - I've done a buncha searches but haven't found this app for an iPhone. What am I doing wrong?

Marty

Rate my Cigar is a Android App.
    I guess I misread it. Back a few posts Icpleel asked if there was an iPhone app and sdloco30 answered saying "yea iPhone". I interpreted that to mean that 'Rate my cigar' was available as an iPhone app. Sorry.

Marty

jlmarta:
    I guess I misread it. Back a few posts Icpleel asked if there was an iPhone app and sdloco30 answered saying "yea iPhone". I interpreted that to mean that 'Rate my cigar' was available as an iPhone app. Sorry.

Marty

Yeah I am not too sure if there are any decent apps for the iphone/itouch yet.
    Having fun with this App. So far so good. In the process now of geting pics into it.
    F.Y.I. There is an update available.