Home General Discussion

Help Me Decide

bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
I am leaving for Vegas in approximately 16 hours, will be there for 3 days of March Madness. I thought picking a selection of cigars would be easy but I am in brain lock mode. Please fellow BOTL's help me out, what should I take???????????????

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    More than you need! Better to have them and not smoke them than want them and not have them.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    It would also help if we knew what you have.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    clearlysuspect:
    More than you need! Better to have them and not smoke them than want them and not have them.
    I usually say that I take my cigars on vacation with me as I always take more than I need and my wife laughs when I bring a bunch back home with me.
    clearlysuspect:
    It would also help if we knew what you have.
    With 800+ sticks I can't list them all, but let me put it this way, What would you take?
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Now is when you break out the churchills Todd. All those sticks that take forever. Armada, Camacho Trip Maduro....I'd take a box of Puro Authenticos if I were you. Also, don't forget morning coffee smokes.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Russ55:
    Now is when you break out the churchills Todd. All those sticks that take forever. Armada, Camacho Trip Maduro....I'd take a box of Puro Authenticos if I were you. Also, don't forget morning coffee smokes.
    +1
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I recommend you just get a Uhaul truck and take your entire cabinet along Todd. You know you wanna. :) Seriously though, I'd second Russ' recommendation.
    Russ55:
    Russ, I think I talked myself into taking a box of the MOW Puro's. As for a morning smoke I have a few of the Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu #5 packed already. An Armada is a good suggestion, let's see what else comes down the pike.
    j0z3r:
    I recommend you just get a Uhaul truck and take your entire cabinet along Todd. You know you wanna. :) Seriously though, I'd second Russ' recommendation.
    Taking the cabinet would make it easier.
    Mmmmm....Travel cooler. About 24 quarts, maybe 30. What do you think?
    Russ55:
    Hmmmm, I think I have that as my coolidor does have wheels. Russ, I think I might have to owe you something at our next herf. You know the MONTHLY SOCAL HERF that happens EVERY MONTH here in SOCAL........................
    bandyt09:
    Russ55:
    Hmmmm, I think I have that as my coolidor does have wheels. Russ, I think I might have to owe you something at our next herf. You know the MONTHLY SOCAL HERF that happens EVERY MONTH here in SOCAL........................
    You mean the one happening in 4 days that if I miss I might kill someone over?
    Russ55:
    bandyt09:
    Russ55:
    You mean the one happening in 4 days that if I miss I might kill someone over?
    That's the one. I just thought that all the other BOTL's out there may have been interested in hearing about it, LOL. If you make it have one of Joe's Mojito's for me and I'll make sure I have a Casa Fuente Mojito for you.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    I say take your daily smokes. And about 6 primos. I always take atleast 2 primos per day and 2-3 dailies per day. Tend to be a 4-5 a day in Vegas. Have fun in Vegas. If you want to try some that I got stashed away, swing by and I'll give you some smokes that I like taking to Vegas.
    lcpleel:
    I say take your daily smokes. And about 6 primos. I always take atleast 2 primos per day and 2-3 dailies per day. Tend to be a 4-5 a day in Vegas. Have fun in Vegas. If you want to try some that I got stashed away, swing by and I'll give you some smokes that I like taking to Vegas.
    I was thinking about what primos I wanted to take and that is when I went into vapor lock mode. The only 1 I could think of is the My Father with over 3 years on it.

Isaac, that is a fine offer and as much as I would love to take some of your stash, I have a pretty tight schedule tomorrow before I leave. Thanks for the offer.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    Black&milds......do it
    Take some Fuentes and ashtons. And only buy the ones you really want to try from casa. My take for Vegas for a 3 day trip would look like:
    a few Oliva V/G
    JDN Cab
    LFD DL chisel
    Fuente Anejo 46
    Ashton maddie
    MOW OR/Ruin
    DPG BL lancero
    DE Dirty rat
    and Partagas 150
    lcpleel:
    Take some Fuentes and ashtons. And only buy the ones you really want to try from casa. My take for Vegas for a 3 day trip would look like:
    a few Oliva V/G
    JDN Cab
    LFD DL chisel
    Fuente Anejo 46
    Ashton maddie
    MOW OR/Ruin
    DPG BL lancero
    DE Dirty rat
    and Partagas 150
    I think from Casa I am going to stick with the Don Carlos Lancero and Casa Fuente Lancero.
    Worth the $ in my opinion
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i wouldnt take Davidoffs. that is the only cigar that is not crazy over priced out there. (thank you Davidoff price controls) out there they are much more reasonable in comparison to the rest of the market.

beyond that, i would just take a good cross section of your humidor. i mean, when im at home i never know what i wanna smoke till the last moment. how will a change of location change that? get yourself a large travel humidor (15+ sticks) and load that puppy up. who cares if you dont smoke em all. its all about selection.

• skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I'll gladly volunteer to come be your pack mule and be your personal humidor. Johnny on the Spot with all your cigar needs!

Okay, maybe I'm just lookin for a valid reason to head on out to Vegas :0)