Home General Discussion

March Madness Bracket Interest?

VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
I love the game we do for sticks on here, and have signed up. I usually run an office pool as well, but due to a lot of office changes, probably wont do so this year. Is anyone intersted in a bracket pool? I could run it and we could do it through yahoo sports, and say $10 per entry. I have a paypal account the 10 each could be deposited into, and will then give the winnings to the winner of the pool back via paypal. Anyone interested?

Reply here and shoot me a PM if possible, and if we have say...5 or more who are in by Tuesday night, Ill set it up and we'll make it a go. Will give my paypal address in PM, and please give yours as well.

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    What's a bracket pool? I may be in but I need to know what it is and how it works.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    A little tough to explain for me Doug, cause Im long winded...so if I dont make sense you can look it up any number of places online---but here is a brief idea

The colege baskeball tournament starts with 64 teams, each winner plays into the next round down to the championship. Each game is picked from the bracket all the way down to who you think wins it all. Each round corresponds to a point value for each game in that round, with point values going up each round. Whoever has the most points at the end, wins the pool. Its basically just picking/guessing the winners of each game, but the more teams you have correct toward the end of the tourney are more valuable point wise, because each game is worth more

Hope this explains it, as it is quite easy really....just not for me to explain without a bracket or diagram in front of me. If I dont do a good job, somewhere online will. Hope you and others are interested.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Vulchor:
    A little tough to explain for me Doug, cause Im long winded...so if I dont make sense you can look it up any number of places online---but here is a brief idea

The colege baskeball tournament starts with 64 teams, each winner plays into the next round down to the championship. Each game is picked from the bracket all the way down to who you think wins it all. Each round corresponds to a point value for each game in that round, with point values going up each round. Whoever has the most points at the end, wins the pool. Its basically just picking/guessing the winners of each game, but the more teams you have correct toward the end of the tourney are more valuable point wise, because each game is worth more

Hope this explains it, as it is quite easy really....just not for me to explain without a bracket or diagram in front of me. If I dont do a good job, somewhere online will. Hope you and others are interested.
    Whoa whoa whoa. I only got to the end of the first sentence and I knew I had stepped into something not for me. I don't follow Basketball at all. I wouldn't know who to pick with a list of teams in front of me.LMAO.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Hey fellas, there is a contest in the trade section that Tony (sightunseen) has posted. Got 12 guys in there so far.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Awwwww, Zeebra piggybacking my thread that already has litle to no interest, lol. Im in that one too btw, not trying to compete here----just compliment.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Vulchor:
    Awwwww, Zeebra piggybacking my thread that already has litle to no interest, lol. Im in that one too btw, not trying to compete here----just compliment.
    My bad, I read it wrong V. I thought it was cigars also, but I see its a small cash pool. I'd join, but I'm already in a few. Good luck!