Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliva V

MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
Wow, what an awesome, well constructed, flavorful and smooth stick this is. The qrite up says full bodied, I agree but not the in your face type of smoke. It also mentioned a pepper flavor, didn't get too much of that but i'm a newbie.

Definitely going to be adding some more of these to the rotation. My other favorites are: The Deisel Unlimited, Shorty, and the MOW Ruinations.

I got these from a contest I won that Russ55 put together for the Super Bowl that piggy backed on the wish list thread, Thanks Man!!

If you haven't had one yet, go get'em.

Comments

• VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    I've been on a real light diet lately, so i havent really been able to have one of those recently. Anyone who has had a Oliva V knows you better have a high bloodsugar/full stomach if you're going to sit down with the V.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I agree, the Olive V is a fantastic smoke. Both the natural and maduro are great! I actually haven't had any of the natural in my humidor for quite sometime, I think I need to fix that problem soon!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Love this cigar. The boxes of 36 Lanceros are also an awesome deal! Some of the best bang for your buck around. Love the belicoso too.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I have two "V's" down in my box just waiting for vacation time to come around. They are sitting right next to some Padilla Miami's. I think they are all pals by now.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    The V is perhaps the most impressive readily available cigar on the market to me right now. I picked up a box of the double robustos last summer for $99 during one of the DDs. I quickly developed a strong appreciation, along with a healthy dose of fear, for this cigar. It would have my head spinning just 10 minutes in.

If there is a cigar out there with a more impressive combination of wrapper/construction perfection, complexity of flavors, and raw strength, then I haven't smoked it.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I just picked one of these up from a buddy on a trade! After reading this here, I can't wait to sit down and enjoy the "V". Thanks for the insight fellas.
  • JapilisJapilis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    Just smoked one last week, the maduro, in a new cigar bar that opened up. Had it years ago and forgot how good it was. Perfect burn, great smooth flavor. Turned into an instant fav and needs to be in rotation.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    These are the only cigars other than the CAO America's I have 3 boxes of. I've had one of them for over 2 years ( well whenever they first came out) and they get better and better. Great cigars. Oddly enough it's the only Oliva cigar I like.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    phobicsquirrel:
    These are the only cigars other than the CAO America's I have 3 boxes of. I've had one of them for over 2 years ( well whenever they first came out) and they get better and better. Great cigars. Oddly enough it's the only Oliva cigar I like.
    its been more than that. the V had at least 3 maybe even more years to its credit. a well aged v is a wonderful thing. way to plan a head.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Yes I love them too. I really need to get a box of the Torpedos....sooo good.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    its been more than that. the V had at least 3 maybe even more years to its credit. a well aged v is a wonderful thing. way to plan a head.
    lol, I figured I was off.