Home General Discussion

Top three in your current rotation.

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Oh yeah, I love almost everything AB. The Maxx Traditional is about the only smoke of theirs I don't care for. Maybe you should clue me on some more of your favorites so I'll have something to look for, lol.
    I'm a big fan of the Family Blend and the Prensado, but my favorite smoke of theirs is one that can't be found anywhere anymore, the Pryme! I think it was Joe that turned me onto them. I looked everywhere trying to find more. I even contacted their national head of marketing and he said he had no idea where to find any. He said they haven't been made in years and there are very few places that have them anymore. I even contacted the Beard and he couldn't find any. But if you haven't tried the Maxx Brazilian it's a damn good smoke and the SCR is great after 6 months or so in the humidor!
    I love the Prensado too. I haven't had the Maxx Brazilian, the SCR, or the Family Blend yet. Oh, and I think I've seen those Prymes you're talking about....do they look like this?

Sorry about the shitty pic, took it with my cell phone and the lighting in my humidor isn't that great.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    3 of my favorites and also what I happen to have the most of at this time. Got some good deals on these lately.

MOW Ruiny
    601 red
    601 blue
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Oh yeah, I love almost everything AB. The Maxx Traditional is about the only smoke of theirs I don't care for. Maybe you should clue me on some more of your favorites so I'll have something to look for, lol.
    I'm a big fan of the Family Blend and the Prensado, but my favorite smoke of theirs is one that can't be found anywhere anymore, the Pryme! I think it was Joe that turned me onto them. I looked everywhere trying to find more. I even contacted their national head of marketing and he said he had no idea where to find any. He said they haven't been made in years and there are very few places that have them anymore. I even contacted the Beard and he couldn't find any. But if you haven't tried the Maxx Brazilian it's a damn good smoke and the SCR is great after 6 months or so in the humidor!
    I love the Prensado too. I haven't had the Maxx Brazilian, the SCR, or the Family Blend yet. Oh, and I think I've seen those Prymes you're talking about....do they look like this?

Sorry about the shitty pic, took it with my cell phone and the lighting in my humidor isn't that great.
    You bastardo! lol Was it you or Joe that got me hooked on those??? I have two down in my aging humidor. I found a box at a shop here last year that had 8 left in it. My buddy Nick and I split what they had left and I still have a couple. Those are so damn good!!!!!

If it was you I need to mark Joe off my list of people to kick in the ass! lol IMO that is the best AB cigar hands down... And go figure they don't make them anymore.
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:

You bastardo! lol Was it you or Joe that got me hooked on those??? I have two down in my aging humidor. I found a box at a shop here last year that had 8 left in it. My buddy Nick and I split what they had left and I still have a couple. Those are so damn good!!!!!

If it was you I need to mark Joe off my list of people to kick in the ass! lol IMO that is the best AB cigar hands down... And go figure they don't make them anymore.
    I think I sent you a couple a while back, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I remember sending a couple to two people on the forums, BBC being one of them. I shot you a PM about a very small possibility of finding some.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:
    Tempus

Alec Bradley Sungrown

Mi Barrio
    alienmisprint, how are those Mi Barrio's?

Mi Barrios are one of my favs as well. I only wish I could have those regularly. The 7.5x52 is incredible.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:

I can tell you for almost certain that it wasn't me who sent you one. I only have ever purchased two, one I smoked and one I sent to whoever won my 1000 post contest. AB is hit or miss for me, the Pryme being a miss.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    gaberox:
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:
    Tempus
    Alec Bradley Sungrown
    Mi Barrio
    Mi Barrios are one of my favs as well. I only wish I could have those regularly. The 7.5x52 is incredible.

Got it coming, alienmisprint along with all the reviews I read and saw, got my interested.
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    Padron 1926
    Ashton ESG
    OpusX PerfectionX

Usually one of those 3 daily.

Nevermind, I checked my powerball numbers, only had 2 out of the 6.

RCY Cigars:
    gaberox:
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:
    Tempus
    Alec Bradley Sungrown
    Mi Barrio

Got it coming, alienmisprint along with all the reviews I read and saw, got my interested.
    Right on man, let me know what you think when you do get them. And on the very off-chance that you may not enjoy them, I'm always up for another trade, lol.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    liga privada no.9 davidoff maduro 5 vegas miami
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:

I think I sent you a couple a while back, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I remember sending a couple to two people on the forums, BBC being one of them. I shot you a PM about a very small possibility of finding some.
    Yea, I was the other you sent one too. And I just read your pm and thanks for the possible info! If I find anything I'll be sure to shoot you a pm back and let you know what I come up with.
    alienmisprint:
    RCY Cigars:
    gaberox:
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:
    Tempus
    Alec Bradley Sungrown
    Mi Barrio

Right on man, let me know what you think when you do get them. And on the very off-chance that you may not enjoy them, I'm always up for another trade, lol.
    All this talk about Mi Barrio and I had to smoke one tonight, been a while since I've had one and it was quite good, probably one of the better ones I've had due to the increased age, nice yellowed cellophane. Good cigar, not a favorite, but always very solid and enjoyable.
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    RCY Cigars:
    gaberox:
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:
    Tempus
    Alec Bradley Sungrown
    Mi Barrio

All this talk about Mi Barrio and I had to smoke one tonight, been a while since I've had one and it was quite good, probably one of the better ones I've had due to the increased age, nice yellowed cellophane. Good cigar, not a favorite, but always very solid and enjoyable.
    I saw a deal on a box of the Mi Barrio one time for $50 but I was on my phone and by the time I got to the computer the deal was sold out... I kicked myself for a week over missing that deal. The artwork on the boxes is really nice and they are great cigars! I might have to have one tomorrow afternoon after we go biking.
  • suneet21suneet21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    1) Padron 1964 Maduro
    2) Diesel Unholy Cocktain
    3) Anything by Alec Bradley (Tempus, SCR, Family Blend, Habano Harvest in my stash)
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    1. R&J Reserva Real 2. Ashton 3. MOW Virtue
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    For me it is the: 1) Oliva Serie V Double Toro 2) Opus X Shark 3) GOF Carlito Double Robusto Tubo (2006)
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    I cant pick only three. In no particular order

Man O War Puro Authentico
    Man O War Armada
    Man O War Ruination
    Diesel Unlimited
    San Lotano Habano
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Hoyo de Monterrey LTD 2007 Regalos
    JR Ultimate Maduro
    R & J #2 Tubo
    All of which have at least 3 years of age (currently)

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Alex Svenson:

Man O War Armada
    Man O War Ruination
    Diesel Unlimited
    San Lotano Habano
    This pretty much sums it up for me as well, expect I can't afford to keep too many Armadas around, and the Diesel isn't "top three" but I would certainly give it a nod as a top smoke. That San Lotano Habano and the Puro Authentico are unbelievable though!
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    ejenne87:
    Alex Svenson:

Man O War Armada
    Man O War Ruination
    Diesel Unlimited
    San Lotano Habano
    This pretty much sums it up for me as well, expect I can't afford to keep too many Armadas around, and the Diesel isn't "top three" but I would certainly give it a nod as a top smoke. That San Lotano Habano and the Puro Authentico are unbelievable though!

I think I'm going to have to try both - I've been wanting to get my hands on some of the puro authenticos but looks like I should try the san lotano habano/maduro out as well.
  • dan8052dan8052 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    #1 MOW Ruination #2 5 Vegas AAA #3 La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte
    Alex Svenson:
    ...... San Lotano Habano
    I've seen a few people mention these, what's the deal with them? I don't see them on the Ccom site and I haven't heard of them before.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    alienmisprint:
    Alex Svenson:
    ...... San Lotano Habano
    I've seen a few people mention these, what's the deal with them? I don't see them on the Ccom site and I haven't heard of them before.
    AJs B&M (and ccom call in) only blend.

stephen_hannibal:
    alienmisprint:
    Alex Svenson:
    ...... San Lotano Habano

Ah. Thanks for the heads up, I know this is going against the grain here, but I'm not the biggest AJ fan. I think I might want to try that corona sampler though, depending on what all comes in it.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    alienmisprint:
    stephen_hannibal:
    alienmisprint:
    Alex Svenson:
    ...... San Lotano Habano

Ah. Thanks for the heads up, I know this is going against the grain here, but I'm not the biggest AJ fan. I think I might want to try that corona sampler though, depending on what all comes in it.
    He has a pretty specific flavor and signature style to cigar making. I find that with so E other guys too. Some I like and some I dislike. Just one of those preference things. On thing I really dislike is cigar makers who make non descript stuff. Just plain Jane cigars.
    Alex Svenson:
    alienmisprint:
    stephen_hannibal:
    alienmisprint:
    Alex Svenson:
    ...... San Lotano Habano

He has a pretty specific flavor and signature style to cigar making. I find that with so E other guys too. Some I like and some I dislike. Just one of those preference things. On thing I really dislike is cigar makers who make non descript stuff. Just plain Jane cigars.
    On that note Alex...what are your thoughts on EP Carillo? To me he's one of those blenders who has a signature taste, and it happens to be one I quite enjoy. Curious what you think of what he's been releasing under his own brand.
  • absolutjerabsolutjer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    Cohiba Puro Dominicana
    Padron 3000 Mad
    CAO Mx2
    Alex Svenson:
    alienmisprint:
    stephen_hannibal:
    alienmisprint:
    Alex Svenson:
    ...... San Lotano Habano

He really does seem to. I've never had any construction issues with any of his sticks, and none of them have been bad exactly, just not a flavor profile I really enjoy (at least in most cases). I do enjoy the Diesel, 5 Vegas Triple A, and Ccom Brazilian Label by AJ, but that's about it for cigars I know of that he blends. Does he do the Ave Maria as well? If so, throw that on the list of his blends I do like, but the Ave tastes alot different than most of the other sticks I have had by him.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I think Alex and I are on the same wave length here:

Man O' War Ruination Belicoso
    Man O' War Corona
    Man O' War Virtue

I also have 5 Armada's sitting, resting, waiting to be enjoyed. I'm gonna give them 6 months (correction... TRY to give them 6 months) before I smoke one. And I throw the occasional OpusX Petite Lancero in as well. Man O' War has happily taken over 90% of my humidor.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    alienmisprint:
    Alex Svenson:
    alienmisprint:
    stephen_hannibal:
    alienmisprint:
    Alex Svenson:
    ...... San Lotano Habano

He really does seem to. I've never had any construction issues with any of his sticks, and none of them have been bad exactly, just not a flavor profile I really enjoy (at least in most cases). I do enjoy the Diesel, 5 Vegas Triple A, and Ccom Brazilian Label by AJ, but that's about it for cigars I know of that he blends. Does he do the Ave Maria as well? If so, throw that on the list of his blends I do like, but the Ave tastes alot different than most of the other sticks I have had by him.
    I like AJ blends, but the thing that keeps them out of my top ten is that I get a lot of draw issues. I'd estimate about 25% of the sticks I get from him are over-packed, either to the point where the draw is uncomfortable for me, or just plain unsmokeable. I love the way most of his blends taste, he's very talented, but I think his quality control needs a little improvement.

/Dons flame proof suit.