Home General Discussion

House Label Deal

StogiesOnTheGreenStogiesOnTheGreen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to cigar smoking. I've already got a custom sampler with a variety of strengths and been working my way through it. I was just wondering if anyone has thoughts on the house labels. The daily deal today looks like a cheap way to sample a wide range of cigars, but I don't want to buy it if the cigars aren't very good. Appreciate any insight.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Worry not it's a great buy.
    The house labels are really good.

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worry not it's a great buy.
    The house labels are really good.

Agreed. I don't care for all of them, but most of them are quite good. I especially like the Cuban, Sungrown and Brazilian labels.
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    The house labels are a wonderful way to figure out what you like and what you dont like, because theres a large variety of many of the primary flavors you see out there, and ccom contracted out to respectable people to make them, so they arent crap.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Vidarien:
    The house labels are a wonderful way to figure out what you like and what you dont like, because theres a large variety of many of the primary flavors you see out there, and ccom contracted out to respectable people to make them, so they arent crap.
    +1 Can't go wrong with this IMO. Excellent way to test the waters for differnt cigar/wrapper types, flavor profiles and figure out what you like and don't like.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Your best bet is to rank the house blends #1-#8 as you smoke them. Then, after you get your favorite two or three, call cigar.com and talk to a rep. Tell them which house blends you liked and ask for a sampler that they will put together that have similar characteristics that you will like. You can simply say, "I'd like to spend X amount and would like to have about X amount of cigars for it." It's amazing what your rep can do for you. Also, welcome.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I like the house blends but spent all of my money on the killer Padilla 68 deal.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    fla-gypsy:
    I like the house blends but spent all of my money on the killer Padilla 68 deal.
    I did two of the '68 deals... AND bit on the house blends deal too. Who CARES about the house payment??? LOL
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    The house blends are good cigars, wide range of flavors...you probably won't like all of them...just the nature of cigar smoking, but I'm sure you will find a couple that really suit you atm.
  • StogiesOnTheGreenStogiesOnTheGreen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    thanks for the input from everyone. I ordered the sampler and look forward to figuring out what kind of wrappers, fillers, etc I like best.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I bought the same deal, looking forward sampling the different kinds of wrappers.