Home General Discussion

USPS small rate boxes

zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
Did they just make em larger or am I retarded?????? This is awesome!!

Comments

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    havent noticed i just picked some up two days ago and they seem to be the same,
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    zeebra:
    Did they just make em larger or am I retarded?????? This is awesome!!

Look the same to me bro
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Youre retarded good sir.....but on the bright side, your probably not bright enough to realize, lollllllllllllllll
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Hmmm...the boxes I got now on the outside say Cubic Feet .077
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    look the same to me :)
    Man I must be nutz! Any one have one that shows the cubic feet? Its on the bottom side panel
    Zeebra, Now I know what you mean...got your package today and sent you a PM :) The size box you had is perfect...with the small flat rate boxes, it's tough to send more than 6 cigars unless you exclude the packaging material...I would prefer the size you have...did you get it recently at USPS?
    PMed ya back Nick!

Yes, thankkkkkk youuuuuu for telling me I'm not nutz! Ya, I just picked em up when I mailed out your package, which was Monday. And another BOTL sent me a package which I got today, same box, the larger version of it, and its still $5!! This prob holds about 10-12 cigars
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    zeebra:
    PMed ya back Nick!

Yes, thankkkkkk youuuuuu for telling me I'm not nutz! Ya, I just picked em up when I mailed out your package, which was Monday. And another BOTL sent me a package which I got today, same box, the larger version of it, and its still $5!! This prob holds about 10-12 cigars
    Damn, I need some of those boxes.
  • ajacobsajacobs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 29
    There are the large video boxes of the same style that measure 9.25" x 6.25" x 2".  They are not flat rate though although that doesn't make a difference for less than a pound.  These have been around forever - before there even was flat rate mailing.

Could those be the ones you mean?
    Im going to check that out tommarow Ive got Buddies that work there! LOL
    ajacobs:
    There are the large video boxes of the same style that measure 9.25" x 6.25" x 2".  They are not flat rate though although that doesn't make a difference for less than a pound.  These have been around forever - before there even was flat rate mailing.

Could those be the ones you mean?
    Ya thats the size on em. Looking at it right now. I've never seen them, just says Priority mail on it, but cost is the same I guess because to the low weight. I've just never seeen them until recently.
  • ajacobsajacobs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 29
    Yep - less than a pound is the same as flat rate I am pretty sure.  I use them all the time - you can get them right at usps.com like the rest.   Glad I could help.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    If you can get your hands on the video boxes they are great and you can take a roll of the prority mail stickers and put them all over the box ...... I have done this numerous time without any issues ... I have even done the same with the boxes that the DD'd show up in and just print my postage online and say its the small flat rate box . Cheaper online and free DC conf.
    I had no idea about those boxes, dang it why wasn't I aware of this :(
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Vulchor:
    Youre retarded good sir.....
    damn... thats what i was gunna say.
    kingjk729:
    If you can get your hands on the video boxes they are great and you can take a roll of the prority mail stickers and put them all over the box ...... I have done this numerous time without any issues ... I have even done the same with the boxes that the DD'd show up in and just print my postage online and say its the small flat rate box . Cheaper online and free DC conf.

I just learned this, but do you have a DIgital Scale and know the exact weight to print your own Labels?
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    I just actual try and guess the weight of my boxes when I print the labels out online. I figure if they need to charge me more due to the weitght they will notify me via email or something..but so far no problems and have been doing the labels online for a few months now.