Home General Discussion

Rocky Patel in Waldorf, MD in two weeks....

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
I'm really excited. I drove up to the Tinderbox in Waldorf, MD (closest cigar shop to me about an hour away) this past Saturday with my buddy. We found out that Rocky Patel is gonna be there in two weeks for a free event. Ridiculous discounts on boxes (not quite as good as Ccom you know). If you buy two boxes, you get a free huge black Decade humidor to the cigars in and Rocky will sign it for you in a silver pen. I'm totally stoked for this one. This will be the first big cigar manufacturer I've ever met, plus free cigar, free food, free music and entertainment.
Anyone in the area, hit me. Would love to meet some of the faithful ccom forums BOTLs as well. Stephen, you live in DC don't you?

So stoked!!!!

Comments

• dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    what in the hell would he be going to Waldorf MD of all places for? Sounds like a lot of fun though!
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    clearlysuspect:
    I'm really excited. I drove up to the Tinderbox in Waldorf, MD (closest cigar shop to me about an hour away) this past Saturday with my buddy. We found out that Rocky Patel is gonna be there in two weeks for a free event. Ridiculous discounts on boxes (not quite as good as Ccom you know). If you buy two boxes, you get a free huge black Decade humidor to the cigars in and Rocky will sign it for you in a silver pen. I'm totally stoked for this one. This will be the first big cigar manufacturer I've ever met, plus free cigar, free food, free music and entertainment.
    Anyone in the area, hit me. Would love to meet some of the faithful ccom forums BOTLs as well. Stephen, you live in DC don't you?

So stoked!!!!

WOW!!!! Are you kidding me, that's my lounge when I'm home. My house is only five minutes from the Tinderbox off of 301. That's were it all started for me in November. I'm depressed now, military got me again. D@mn you Germany....
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    dowjr1:
    what in the hell would he be going to Waldorf MD of all places for? Sounds like a lot of fun though!

Dowjr1, I know it sounds crazy. But, the Tinderbox out there has a huge walk-in humidor and right beside it, in the same store sectioned off is a cigar lounge. Perfect for when you get off work, when driving down 301 in all that traffic. That's the highlight of the day, just get out of traffic for an hour and have a good cigar around some good friendly BOTL's. I was shocked to, to know that one was there and that huge. Big screen tv's, a bar, two large leather couch's and leather chairs. You can't bet that. That's why Rocky is going there. A-1 service, it's like your second family, serious....
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Also, apparently, that Tinderbox is the No. 1 Tinderbox in the country. It really is a nice set up. Sat and had a Nub Connecticut with the owner Jeff. He was a pretty nice guy. I can't believe they offer free cigar at the door, free food, and all the entertainment with no charge. Jeff says they sell so much product on their event nights he doesn't have to charge anything. Everywhere else I've seen do events they usually charged like $10 or something like that which got you a cigar, food, and drink.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    So what day and time exactly? Sounds like I should give it a shot.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    While you're there, would some of you guys consider asking him about some of the bonehead moves he's been making lately? First, he discontinued the cigar love of my life - 'Fire'by Indian Tabac. Then he starts dinking around with other blends we all know and love. Then he starts putting price restrictions on his sticks. Oh, and by the way, he canned J. Fuego, one of the better blenders he's had.....

I mean, I can understand a decision to discontinue a blend if it isn't selling up to par or if the tobacco is no longer available, but I don't honestly believe either of those things brought about the demise of the Fire. And, with regard to other blends he's changed, you know the old saying - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I also believe any good accountant will tell you that if you're trying to fix the bottom line, first you try cutting expenses before you try raising prices. It's a matter of percentages.

Marty

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Actually I'm in Southern MD. And this is the closest shop to me too.

What time frame are we talking here? Specs please.

It's two Saturdays from now. So, that would be March 19th. I'm not sure exactly what time it begins. I'll have to call up there and find out.

Stephen I always thought you were in DC. What part of SOMD do you live in? I'm in Piney Point.
    I'm in Clinton.

Alright. I've been slacking in my duties. Called the shop just now and the event starts at 7:00 pm. That's 1900 for you military type.

Hope to see as many people there. I don't get out of the house often so very rare event for me.
    stephen_hannibal:
    I'm in Clinton.

What??? That's not Southern Maryland. That's hardly South DC! LOL. I don't think you're allowed to classify yourself as SOMD unless you live south of Waldorf.
    clearlysuspect:
    stephen_hannibal:
    I'm in Clinton.

What??? That's not Southern Maryland. That's hardly South DC! LOL. I don't think you're allowed to classify yourself as SOMD unless you live south of Waldorf.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH fine....
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Thanks for the info on the shop...I had no idea it was there but sounds pretty cool. I would love to come and hang...just have to figure a way to get it by the warden!