Home General Discussion

Holy Cocktail DD?

MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
I don't get it, DD posting say $84 for the box, MSRP is $180, 53% savings. Ccom premium listing shows the box for $108, wo's scamming who here. Can I get the 53% off the $108 for 51 bucks? :)

Open for a box split...

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    msrp is $180. Ccom sells it for $108 which is under MSRP
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Never understood that about CCom's MSRP on their own products. How do they determine the MSRP, and then "discount" it, if they are the M in MSRP...
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    docbp87:
    Never understood that about CCom's MSRP on their own products. How do they determine the MSRP, and then "discount" it, if they are the M in MSRP...
    I believe CCOM isn't the manufacturer on Diesel, but a related company is. In other words, they're not actually the "M" and don't set prices.
    asolomon:
    docbp87:
    I believe CCOM isn't the manufacturer on Diesel, but a related company is. In other words, they're not actually the "M" and don't set prices.

Trademark info that suggests otherwise...

Obviously, Tabacalera Fernandez is the manufacturer, but CI/CCom owns the brand.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    It's still cheaper than if you bought it regularly and for 2.83 a stick it is a great deal on a great stick.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    Mperconte:
    I don't get it, DD posting say $84 for the box, MSRP is $180, 53% savings. Ccom premium listing shows the box for $108, wo's scamming who here. Can I get the 53% off the $108 for 51 bucks? :)

Open for a box split...
    PM sent
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Regular sale price shows up at 99.95 for me.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Msrp is $6 per cigar and 99.95 is the volume discount if you buy by the box. No scam At all. In fact, if you look at our site we sell our singles all day at the full retail price and they move quite well. The question about msrp is one I will address later once I get to a computer as I have seen many people ask over a fee months.
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    Alex Svenson:
    Msrp is $6 per cigar and 99.95 is the volume discount if you buy by the box. No scam At all. In fact, if you look at our site we sell our singles all day at the full retail price and they move quite well. The question about msrp is one I will address later once I get to a computer as I have seen many people ask over a fee months.

Ok, My bad!! Perhaps the verbage was a bit harsh, i didn't mean to create hostilities.. :)

Looks like i'm setting up for a box split, both my Humi's are about full and i can't handle a whole box at this time. Besides, I am very thankful for Ccom putting up these great deals; so i will STFU..

I wish I had the room, this months House blend deals are attractive; i owuld of picked up a box or two.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Anyone else up for a box split?
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I just bought a box and threw in a box of d.x's as well, so if anyone wants to do a split on the Holy Cocktail just let me know.
    Regardless of the non-sense about MSRP (it really doesn't matter, even at MSRP, the Diesel is an awesome cigar...), this is a great price. Boxes of 30, under 100$... yes please. These things also age realllllly well. Not a huge fan of big strong cigars, but the Diesel loses some of it's harshness, and picks up some real smooth sweetness after about 6 months.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    mfotis:
    I just bought a box and threw in a box of d.x's as well, so if anyone wants to do a split on the Holy Cocktail just let me know.
    I'm game PM
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    docbp87:
    Regardless of the non-sense about MSRP (it really doesn't matter, even at MSRP, the Diesel is an awesome cigar...), this is a great price. Boxes of 30, under 100$... yes please. These things also age realllllly well. Not a huge fan of big strong cigars, but the Diesel loses some of it's harshness, and picks up some real smooth sweetness after about 6 months.
    Absolutely! I don't think these are good candidates for multi-year aging but 6 months to a year and change and they are fantastic.
    bigharpoon:
    docbp87:
    Absolutely! I don't think these are good candidates for multi-year aging but 6 months to a year and change and they are fantastic.
    Funny, I think they ARE good candidates for multi-year aging, because they have so much spice and in your face roughness right off the table.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Diesel UHC ages phenomenally. Its such a damn good stick with 6 months on it.
  • brizzzinebrizzzine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 92
    Interesting...I always thought the UHC tasted just as good out of the mailbox as it does with rest. It has always been very consistent for me.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Mperconte:
    Alex Svenson:

Ok, My bad!! Perhaps the verbage was a bit harsh, i didn't mean to create hostilities.. :)

Looks like i'm setting up for a box split, both my Humi's are about full and i can't handle a whole box at this time. Besides, I am very thankful for Ccom putting up these great deals; so i will STFU..

I wish I had the room, this months House blend deals are attractive; i owuld of picked up a box or two.
    No offense taken. The truth is while this instance has some factual msrp stuff, there are some crazy msrp things that indeed go on in this industry. I will write up some info for you this week as I see more and more people are asking about pricing, msrp etc and it could provide some intereting talking points. Thanks for all the support everyone!!