Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    I sat outside in the foggy mist and smoked a 5 Vegas Cask Strength. This was the first 5Vegas I have actually finished and enjoyed.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Lakota72:
    I sat outside in the foggy mist and smoked a 5 Vegas Cask Strength. This was the first 5Vegas I have actually finished and enjoyed.
    Cask Strength II is awesome!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Having my first San Miguel today. Only about a half inch into it, but I'm not disappointed.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    kaspera79:
    Today was my last La Aurora 1495 1994 Cameroon Corona. What makes this one unique is the African Camerroon wrapper harvested in 1994, and aged for fourteen years.
    Don't bother looking for these because you will not find them. Only 18,000 of these were ever made and have been so out for a long time. I have had this one since January 2009.
    Woody, cocoa, nutty, and a cinnamon like taste were present. It lost the spice bite I remember from previous ones, but this made it better for me. The burn slow and perfect. One of the best cigars I have had ever. I will miss these.

Sounds like a winning combo. I still have about a box worth of cigars left from when I first started. I plan to let them age a while. Todd and Issac hooked me up with some nice aged cigars. Think this week is a good time to fire one up. Nothing again today, muggy and raining.

• CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Is this Veteran talk????Seams you guys get all the xoxo sticks.....kaspera79 i just wet my self.......
    CvilleE:
    Is this Veteran talk????Seams you guys get all the xoxo sticks.....kaspera79 i just wet my self.......

Not veteran talk, just regular conversation about aged cigars. Over time you will be doing the same if your not already.

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I agree with Rick. It's a matter of time, and also some luck. The brothers on here are amazing and we and them will always be kind and hook people up, but that can't happen every day. Give it some time, and get in the right circles, meaning just honestly talk to friends and people who are passionate about cigars online, AND in real life. Sooner or later you will get in on it too. And the way that the entire community is, it will probably be sooner rather than later ;) Just got a Gurkha Legend Preferido with OVER 5 years on it at excatly 70 degrees/ 67% Rh.... that one is gonna be verrrrry special.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Started my morning off with a Bolivar Inmensas. Now what to have this afternoon?
    Started with an Oliva V Torpedo (Thanks Mike!!! KILLER STICK!)
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    JudoChinX:
    Weather has been trash lately. We made this leap into cold weather that was sudden, unexpected, and unwelcome. Bring back the sun so I can enjoy a smoke!
    Been like that here also until today. I really hate winter. Wakin up late to a 601 Red churchill since its about 80 today.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Lunc starts with a Kristoff Corojo limitada and a Water.
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Arturo Fuente Hemingway short story natural. Was great right up until about half way through a split in in the wrapper appeared and split up to the top.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    lcpleel:
    Lunc starts with a Kristoff Corojo limitada and a Water.
    that sound a lot like heaven.....
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Well came home from work on a split shift and decided to try out a D5 that has been sitting for 2 months. Good stuff but different then the D7..or is it me(didn't have a big breakfast). Have to see what they are like in about a year.
  • bigmatt72bigmatt72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 89
    Had a CAO cameroon this morning with my coffee. Hit the spot.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Drew Estate Java Latte,,, Thanks DB,,Missed another one...or did you????
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Drew Estate Java Mint
    Had a Avo Classic robusto with a cup o joe. Love'em, keep them stocked. Mild and flavorful.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    The Kid:
    I didn't miss it...the Java's are nice smokes. I'm glad you're enjoying them all.

This morning I'm enjoying a Fonseca Sun Grown thanks to MTuccelli! It's a nice mild-medium smoke. I haven't had the Vintage yet, but this is my favorite Fonseca so far.
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    I didn't miss it...the Java's are nice smokes. I'm glad you're enjoying them all.

This morning I'm enjoying a Fonseca Sun Grown thanks to MTuccelli! It's a nice mild-medium smoke. I haven't had the Vintage yet, but this is my favorite Fonseca so far.
    Yea the sweetened tips are probably what I like least about these cigars .The latte has been my least favorite out of the ones Ive tried.. Thanks again, Nice Drew Estate Sampler!!!!
    Having a Liga Undercrown and some water. Not bad, going to try it again in few months down the road. Spicy yet mild.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    RCY Cigars:
    Having a Liga Undercrown and some water. Not bad, going to try it again in few months down the road. Spicy yet mild.
    wait the undercrown came out?
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    5 Vegas Gold Maduro and a new French roast coffee. The coffee is a little too bold for the smoke but still enjoyable.
    Yes Sir, and it has turned to a medium strength too, lol. Almost finish, in the last third and the spice has kicked back up. The half way point was a little harsh.
    Lots of smoke, chewy Isaac. Smoked the robusto.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    This morning I am not smoking. After lunch, however, is a completely different story. I am looking at some My Father action and am pretty pumped about it. I have yet to smoke one and it is time to see what's up.
    San Cristobal compliments of BigT
    My Father #4 the lancero celebrating being offered a sales job!!
    90+ Irishman:
    My Father #4 the lancero celebrating being offered a sales job!!
    Congrats!