Home General Discussion

Uh Oh Anejo

KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
Well as some of you know, I went for a trip down to Mexico and brought some of the best smokes I had. I tried my first Anejo (I had resting for about a year). OMG! Hands down, my new favorite smoke. Just wish they weren't so damn expensive. Boy was that good.

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Mmmm... I love the Anejo! I've got a couple resting in the humidor and I think I may need to revisit this one soon.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I picked one up the other day when I bought my pipe, they wanted I think 10.50 for one so I thought that was reasonable, really not a fan of cigars that you have to age, but how long should I wait?
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Hayblet:
    I picked one up the other day when I bought my pipe, they wanted I think 10.50 for one so I thought that was reasonable, really not a fan of cigars that you have to age, but how long should I wait?
    I bought mine in Feb'10 and smoked it Feb '11. It was awesome!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i smoked last years right out of the store. no problems. you don't HAVE to age an anejo but they are nice with some age.
    my absolute favorite without a doubt

• KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Do these change much with different Vitolas?
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't care for Anejo's . . . good cigar, and it's balanced, but for whatever reason, the flavors just don't do anything for me. Can anyone tell me what flavors the Anejo is known for?
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    xmacro:
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't care for Anejo's . . . good cigar, and it's balanced, but for whatever reason, the flavors just don't do anything for me. Can anyone tell me what flavors the Anejo is known for?
    rich tobacco, hint of sweet from the cognac barell aged wrapper, slight earth and peat. slight pepper. it's the same binder and filler as the Opus X, just different wrapper.

KCW - the flavor does change with vitola. some prefer the 77 shark size, and I like it as well, but the 55 smokes well as does the robusto. the first one I had was a robusto and it got me hooked

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    My B&M is packed full of Anejo cigars. Apparently they got some allocation from some other stores who dropped the ball or went out of business. They even have the new 60. Best of all the prices are insanely awesome and I might actually pick up an entire box this weekend.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    jsnake:
    My B&M is packed full of Anejo cigars. Apparently they got some allocation from some other stores who dropped the ball or went out of business. They even have the new 60. Best of all the prices are insanely awesome and I might actually pick up an entire box this weekend.
    Anejo cigars, can't get enough of them. 60, hmm.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    I like the smaller RG as the flavor is better IMO. You can't go wrong with the sharks but again I myself like the 46. A lancero would be awesome!