Home General Discussion

Mice and Cigars?

The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
Got home from work last night and went down cellar to my man hole to find my ashtray had been compromised. I always start a smoke with a clean ashtray. When I'm done there is only the wooden match, large cigar ashes, the band and the stub. Just part of my ritual. Went to clean tray and I found some ashes pushed out on the table, the solid ash sections were all ground down to powder in the ashtray and the stub was almost gone. A few leaves but that's all. Wondering if mice were feasting on it and how they liked a stomach full of cigar juice? Really not sure what else it could be. Left ashtray baited from last nights smoke, see what happens. Was mulling this over during my smoke, and thought I'd share it with you all. And my cable has been out for 5 days so I have way too much time on my hands.

Comments

• The HoosThe Hoos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 42
    I hope you catch the dirty little cigar stealing, man-cave invading vermin!! Good Luck.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    That's kind of strange...
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    JCizzle:
    That's kind of strange...
    .....and yet a little funny.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    sounds like you might need to put out a mouse trap...
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Krieg:
    sounds like you might need to put out a mouse trap...
    ..and conveniently you can use a nub as the bait.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Maybe the mouse has good taste? Maybe you just found a smoking buddy/
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Leave a Swisher for the little ***!
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    xmacro:
    Right, because the nub of a cigar would be like a 8x160 cigar for a mouse. You've actually just initiated the first cross-species Brother of the Leaf! Congrats!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    probably using it for nesting material
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    kuzi16:
    probably using it for nesting material

That'd be my guess, or he's using it as roll your own...
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Photobucket
    Im just saying
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    xmacro:
    I'm one of the rare people who find mice cute, so I think that idea is adorable. I think the image of lounging around smoking with a sophisticated mouse and discussing matters of politics, literature and philosophy is pretty funny ;)

When I was in Jerez de la Frontera in Spain visiting the Tío Pepe sherry bodega (sherry is a fortified wine made locally), the tour guide told us about "Los Alegres Ratoncillos de Jerez" - the Happy Little Mice of Jerez. They were mice who would come into the bodegas at night and drink the wine that leaked out of the barrels, but the barrels started to fall apart, so the bodega decided to leave out a glass of sherry, a little staircase leading, and some cheese, and every night the mice would come out and have a little feast :)
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Uhhhh do you have kids?
    Just saying...

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    No more activity. No, I don't have children, but you should see some of my friends. Left my Don Pepin stub yesterday morning, no takers. 5-Vegas Cask was still intact this morning from last night. So the vermin seem to like MOW. I'll try this for bait again tonight. Maybe the 1st MOW stub did some damage. A Swisher would be the death blow, I agree. Had a serious mouse infestation a few years back. My wife had me use the have a heart traps so as not to kill the cute little things. After a month of me running across the street, every morning, through the field's and hollow's to let them loose by the river, she had a change of heart herself. Went to put on her riding boots one day and found them stashed with peanut, acorn shells and assorted debris. Extermination with extreme prejiduce ensued.