Home General Discussion

7" ers...

egokillaegokilla Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
for those Churchill /7 inchers - what about them makes you fancy them more? I'm finding it difficult to multi-task with this honking d7 hanging off my lips.

Comments

• sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    i seem to have amassed a collection of Churchill cigars which i never seem to have time to smoke.
  • egokillaegokilla Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    hey, what is this MOW Badge stuff I see in a lot of signatures? MOW are my daily smoke- and I smoke 3 a day - Two regulars and One ruination -
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    egokilla:
    for those Churchill /7 inchers - what about them makes you fancy them more? I'm finding it difficult to multi-task with this honking d7 hanging off my lips.
    the longer a vitola is, the less cut down the filler leaf is. this then showcases the complexity within the filler.

i like the churchill for this. i LOVE the A even more because of this.

an A is damn near a 4 hour smoke for me.
    for those that dont know, the vitola called "A" is 9 x 50.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    kuzi16:
    egokilla:
    the longer a vitola is, the less cut down the filler leaf is. this then showcases the complexity within the filler.

Which is actually the same dimensions for my dic........ehhh, who am I kidding, more of a hybrid Nub.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    egokilla:
    hey, what is this MOW Badge stuff I see in a lot of signatures? MOW are my daily smoke- and I smoke 3 a day - Two regulars and One ruination -
    do a little search for the exact details as i cant remember them off the top of my head and they might have been updated because of the new additions to the line, but the ranger tab that i did is original ruination virtue and special edition back to back.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I prefer larger cigars because they seem to have more flavor changes and stay in the sweet spot longer. I've never had an A before so I should put that on my list. Kuzi, any good A recommendations?
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Oh, my mistake, I thought this was an adjunct thread to the Daily Hottie. ;)
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    since my wife detests my hobby, it's tough to find the time for a churchill but I like the vitola.
    is there a limit to the ring gauge on a churchill?
    Goldy:
    I prefer larger cigars because they seem to have more flavor changes and stay in the sweet spot longer. I've never had an A before so I should put that on my list. Kuzi, any good A recommendations?
    DPG blue label.

very reasonable price for an A as well.
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    Those puppies are monterous and take forever to smoke. A tough task with limited time when at home. I find them perfect for the Golf Course.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    My favorite vitola.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Love them. My wife loves to lay at the beach. I take a good book, couple of churchills, and some malt. Other than that the only time I have to smoke one is when I take a "sick" day to de-stress.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I have not had the time to enjoy a churchill in a long time. I have an Opus X 'A' that I got as a gift. I'm waiting for a special occasion to smoke it.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Love churchills, especially when they come in a 52+ gauge. I not only get a much longer vacation, but the flavors, IMO, taste better than smaller sticks. Did I mention I like how long they last? I go outside for a cigar, I don't wanna come in for at least an hour - a 7" or A allows me to stay outside even longer!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Not normally a fan of churchills. If I am in the mood, or doing something social, like a herf, then they're great. Usually in everyday life though if I have the time for a churchill I'd rather smoke two different cigars.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    sol1821:
    i seem to have amassed a collection of Churchill cigars which i never seem to have time to smoke.
    This is why I try to stick with smaller vitola's. I can barely find time most days for a 45-1:15 robusto - who the h3ll has 2 hrs+ for a churchill???

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Churchill is one of my favorite sizes (robusto and corona the others). I love the length for showing off what the stick is capable of and I love the smaller ring gauge, usually 48, for showing off the wrapper. It's difficult to get the time to have one of these, usually only summer weekend nights or camping, but when the opportunity presents itself I don't hesitate to treat myself to a nice churchill. They're sooooo worth it!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Goldy:
    Opus X A, Padron Anniversary A, Sancho Panza Sanchos, Montecristo A, Tatuaje Reserva A Uno, Illusione ~1~ Dark Prince, and like Kuz said, the DPG A. I guess the Hemingway Masterpiece is sort of a mix between a diadema and an A. Lots of good smokes to be had in that size actually.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    The only Churchill that I've enjoyed was the Fuente Sungrown Royal Salute. 7x54 and damn it was tasty. Takes me the better part of 2 and a half hours to smoke though.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Dude Love:
    The only Churchill that I've enjoyed was the Fuente Sungrown Royal Salute. 7x54 and damn it was tasty. Takes me the better part of 2 and a half hours to smoke though.
    Just want to point out that the Royal Salute is not a Churchill, nor are any other cigars that big. A true Churchill is 7x47.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I love me some churchills. The complexities like has been said seem more profound. Plus it forces me to spend more time relaxing and enjoying a cigar. Which is a plus
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    docbp87:
    Dude Love:
    Just want to point out that the Royal Salute is not a Churchill, nor are any other cigars that big. A true Churchill is 7x47.
    Ah, with all the different brands naming their larger vitolas it's hard to keep up. I've seen a few 7x47s labeled as lanceros.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    The Sniper:
    sol1821:
    This is why I try to stick with smaller vitola's. I can barely find time most days for a 45-1:15 robusto - who the h3ll has 2 hrs+ for a churchill???

I smoke pretty fast so I don't necessarily have a problem with Churchill's. My 9" Padron Magnum's, however, are tough to fit in. Those things are mighty tasty, but they last forever!
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    docbp87:
    Goldy:
    Opus X A, Padron Anniversary A, Sancho Panza Sanchos, Montecristo A, Tatuaje Reserva A Uno, Illusione ~1~ Dark Prince, and like Kuz said, the DPG A. I guess the Hemingway Masterpiece is sort of a mix between a diadema and an A. Lots of good smokes to be had in that size actually.
    I wish there were deals more often on those sizes otherwise they are super pricey sticks.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    egokilla:
    The original MOW challenege of smoking a Virtue, Original, and Ruination in the same day was created on this forum and as an army of regulars begin to take the challenge we became an "army" of MOW lovers and you were awarded the MOW "Badge" (fictitous) and we began to add it to our signature lines. As new MOW blends begin to come out and some brothers went above and beyond the baseline challenge (such as smoking 2 runiations, including the SE figurado, etc) new extras were added. Heck we even have one MOW "Medal of Honor" winner on here for duty above and beyond what mere mortal men should be expected to do. I hope this helps explain this unique BORK award ( whole other story)
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    egokilla:

I long for the time when I have TIME for a 4 hour smoke ... maybe vacation this summer .
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:
    egokilla:

I long for the time when I have TIME for a 4 hour smoke ... maybe vacation this summer .
    oh, i hear ya. i have smoked 2 in my life.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I don't think I'd even be interested in smoking for four hours straight even on vacation. That's a damn long time.
    youd be amazed how fast the time goes.
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    Unthought_Known:
    The Sniper:
    sol1821:

I smoke pretty fast so I don't necessarily have a problem with Churchill's. My 9" Padron Magnum's, however, are tough to fit in. Those things are mighty tasty, but they last forever!
    Smoked a Padron Magnum Maduro at one of the SoCal herfs. (thanks Joe) Very tasty!