Home General Discussion

Smokin in Omaha, Nebraska

quix24quix24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 66
I just received word that I will be changing stations to Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha. I read online that they have some pretty strict smoking laws. I was hoping some of you could recomend a couple B&M's to check out. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Congrats on the assignment brother! You could do a lot worse than Offut, as Omaha is a really nice little city. Where are you coming in from?

You may want to shoot jsnake a PM. He is a 262 rep and does some regular business for them in Omaha. Im sure he can point you in the direction of some good B&M's.

Something to think about - Council Bluffs IA & Omaha NE have pretty well grown into each other over the years. Maybe the smoking laws in IA are a little more lax? Just food for thought...

• quix24quix24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 66
    Thanks for the info! I am at Shaw AFB in Sumter, SC right now. I have had some fun here but its time for something new. I'll shoot him a message. Thanks again!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    What overseas tours have you had yet? I spent two years at Misawa AFB, Japan and loved it up there.
    I was stationed at Charleston AFB just up the road from you... back in another lifetime. LOL

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    In Omaha you want to hit S.G. Roi & Havana Garage which are in the old market and right next to each other. Fantastic places to hang. Also check out Jake's Cigars and Spirits. There is also a Nickleby's and Ted's but I don't know much about them. When I go to Omaha I hang out at Havana Garage. And you can smoke inside no problem.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    The Sniper:
    Congrats on the assignment brother! You could do a lot worse than Offut, as Omaha is a really nice little city. Where are you coming in from?

You may want to shoot jsnake a PM. He is a 262 rep and does some regular business for them in Omaha. Im sure he can point you in the direction of some good B&M's.

Something to think about - Council Bluffs IA & Omaha NE have pretty well grown into each other over the years. Maybe the smoking laws in IA are a little more lax? Just food for thought...

Iowa has terrible smoking laws. About the only place you can smoke here anymore is in your house, car, or yard. The only B&Ms you can smoke in now have to be "clubs". This state sucks.
    @skweeks I haven't been stationed overseas yet. I had orders to Osan canceled twice because of deployments. @jsnake Thanks for the info! I'm sure i'll check out all of those places.
    Dont worry about Osan - you didnt miss much. LOL

• ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Welcome to Nebraska. The smoking laws aren't any worse than other states. No smoking at bars, restaurants, places like that. They still allow you to smoke at your favorite shops and at cigar bars. For the bad news, I do not know any B&M's down by the base. the closest you will find is S.G. Roi, and the Havana Garage in the Old Market. Nickleby's is my regular place to go to, it is out in west Omaha, about 15-20 minutes drive from the base. So depending on what your idea of traffic is that's not bad, considering that is cross town. They are a family owned business, with a very knowledgeable staff that loves what they do. Ted's Tobacco shop is coupe miles west of Nickleby's. I don't go there much so I'm sorry for lack of info. One of the other places is called Cigaros. they are a cigar bar a little further out west. They have a very beautiful staff, and a great selection of liquor. They carry more high end stogies that cater to the people they are trying to get. It's not a normal hang out but it is a lot of fun to go with the boys. Last place is Omaha Cigar Company. they roll their own cigars and a year ago they started carrying Oliva products, they have two shops. Omaha isn't Like Dallas were we get a cigar event every other week, but we get them. If you have a questions lemme know. Oh and make sure you go to Stella's. they have the best burgers, just ask around base, the Airman will help you find it
    Thanks for the info thewelder! 15-20 minutes isn't bad since right now i'm driving an hour to get to the closest B&M. I'm actually really looking forward to getting out there. I've grown tired of Sumter and all the crap that goes on around here. If you're back from Iraq around July we'll have to meet up for a stick or two. Thanks again!