Home General Discussion

Maduro suggestions

y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
Haven't had may Maduros yet and I'm thinking about having one at my B&M Friday after work. Any suggestions? One of the guys I've smoked with a few times over there recommends the Alec Bradley Tempus. Anyone had many of those?

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Haven't had the Tempus Mad. Yet but i've heard good things. As for recommendations id have to go with Kristoff, Camacho triple mad., Cao la triviata mad., AF Anejo just to name a few.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Nica Libre, San Lotano Maduro, Padron 2000 maduro, and Oliva G Maduro are damn good. Gurkha Black Dragon is up there as well.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    When I was first getting into cigars and maduros I really liked the RP 1990 Toro, Chateau Real Maduro, CAO MX2, and the Sancho Panza Double Maduro. Now, I'm not as much of a fan of maduros as I used to be, but I do still like the Camacho Triple Maduro, Padron 64 Maduro, and the Graycliff Double Espresso. Those are about the only maduro wrapped cigars I smoke anymore.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    wwhwang:
    Nica Libre, San Lotano Maduro, Padron 2000 maduro, and Oliva G Maduro are damn good. Gurkha Black Dragon is up there as well.

Really looking forward to trying the Black Dragon
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Tempus maduro is very good. Kristoff maduro and Kristoff Ligero maduro, Oliva Serie V maduro, Camacho Triple Maduro, Cabaiguan Guapos maduro, Gurkha Blue Steel, Oliva Serie O maduro...those are some that I really like, I suppose I should throw the Graycliff Double Espresso in too, that's a fantastic cigar. Maduro isn't usually my preference, but there are several that I really like.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Some of my favs... 601 blue, JJ maduro, Perdomo 10th anny maduro, LFD chisel maduro.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Oliva Serie G maduro. one of the best bang for your buck cigars out there.
  • ztanner25ztanner25 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    perdomo reserve oscuro, rocky patel vintage '90, ashton aged maduro...just to name a few
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    +1 on the Black Dragon and my favorite, the R&J Maduro Reserve.
  • brizzzinebrizzzine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 92
    Padron 1964 maduro Principe (or Exclusivo)

This is the very first cigar I ever had, and the one that turned me on to the hobby. Still one of the very best smokes I have had over the years too.
  • ztanner25ztanner25 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    ztanner25:
    perdomo reserve oscuro, rocky patel vintage '90, ashton aged maduro...just to name a few

i'll also add the CAO brazilia (FANTASTIC!!!) and i'll second the nica libre that others have mentioned, it is quite tasty as well, especially for the price
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    perdomo 10th anni, nub maduro, diesel shorty and 5 vegas A are my favorites
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    wwhwang:
    The first three were going to be my suggestions as well.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    kuzi16:
    Oliva Serie G maduro. one of the best bang for your buck cigars out there.
    Absolutely. The special G size is one of my favs
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Nub Cain maduro, AF work of art maduro, Jesus 777, Casa Magna oscuro, Cohiba Black, Onyx reserve, RP edge maduro.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I've had the Tempus Maduro. I really enjoyed it to. I think the Tempus Maduro would make a great 1st maduro, or a Padron 1964 Anniv, or even the Cigar.com red label.
    i cant believe that none of us mentioned the 5 vegas series A.

that was a favorite of mine for quite some time.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Ashton Aged Maduro
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    y2pascoe:
    Haven't had may Maduros yet and I'm thinking about having one at my B&M Friday after work. Any suggestions? One of the guys I've smoked with a few times over there recommends the Alec Bradley Tempus. Anyone had many of those?
    What types of cigars have you enjoyed so far? That might help in guiding you to a maduro you'd like (i.e. mild, med-, full- bodied etc)
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    kuzi16:
    i cant believe that none of us mentioned the 5 vegas series A.

that was a favorite of mine for quite some time.
    I got it kuzi...I thought of it at the last second before I posted
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    RP Old World Maduro
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    +1...the Oliva Serie G maddie is very good... and reasonably priced.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail and Shorty, 5vegas A, CAO mx2 and Brazilia, AF Hemingway Maduro, Camacho Triple maduro, and AF Anejo to name a few
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    djbeenie:
    Ashton Aged Maduro
    +1, probably the best maduro Ive had, although I will admit to not trying too many as Im not much of a fan.

• suneet21suneet21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    If you haven't really tried any maduros yet I'd recommend the Macanudo maduro. It's a very basic cigar but I think I good baseline for your palate when it comes to maduro wrappers.

Of course from that point forward the Padrons, Olivas and all the other suggestions are great cigars, but I prefer not to jump into the most fanciest, expensive cigars when exploring a brand or wrapper.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    Some on my favorites are the San Lotano maduro, Cain maduro, both diesel UC and shorty..I have got to try the AB Tempus very soon.
    suneet21:
    If you haven't really tried any maduros yet I'd recommend the Macanudo maduro. It's a very basic cigar but I think I good baseline for your palate when it comes to maduro wrappers. Of course from that point forward the Padrons, Olivas and all the other suggestions are great cigars, but I prefer not to jump into the most fanciest, expensive cigars when exploring a brand or wrapper.
    i disagree with this mentality.
    i want my first time with a new wrapper, blending style, etc to be with one of the best so i wont be let down and uninspired to try it again.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Fuente Anejo is my absolute favorite maduro. any La Flor Dominicana and Litto Gomez Diez maduro sticks should be tried as well.
  • JimmyCJimmyC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 38
    Rock Patel's The Edge Maduro is pretty tasty... I need to pick up s few more.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Ended up trying a CAO MX2 at the shop owners recommendation. I thought it was pretty good. Caught some tasty caramel notes halfway through it, and a lot of rich smoke. Thanks for all of the recommendations, got a great sounding list of maduros to try now.