Home Ratings & Reviews

JDN Antaño Consul, "test drive."

JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
I know this cigar has been reviewed here before. Just had one ROTT, great smoke, beautiful presentation and construction. Strong leathery aroma with a hint of sharp dirt/earth. I didn't find it to be very complex, it had a nice, roasted flavor throughout and I picked up on a bit of spice towards the end. Very nutty in the finish. It didn't hit me very hard, I slightly felt it in the gut towards the end but only a little. I have 4 more of these bad boys, they will go to rest for a while.

Mostly curious to hear your guys' thoughts and also how it compares to the Celebracion and the Dark Corojo.

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I always enjoy the Antano! I've actually become quite a fan of all of the JDN line. The Celebracion is great, the Cabinetta, the Dark Corojo... All could be regulars in my humidor.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I've read good things, can't wait to try more.
    Try out the Cabinetta, Celebracion, and the Dark Crojo for sure. The Classico is a good smoke too but nowhere near as flavorful as the others.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I really need to try out the Dark Corojo, It looks tasty!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I keep meaning to buy a box of the belicosos one of these days.
    PuroFreak:
    Try out the Cabinetta, Celebracion, and the Dark Crojo for sure. The Classico is a good smoke too but nowhere near as flavorful as the others.
    Oh, I'm all over that.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    JCizzle:
    I know this cigar has been reviewed here before. Just had one ROTT, great smoke, beautiful presentation and construction. Strong leathery aroma with a hint of sharp dirt/earth. I didn't find it to be very complex, it had a nice, roasted flavor throughout and I picked up on a bit of spice towards the end. Very nutty in the finish. It didn't hit me very hard, I slightly felt it in the gut towards the end but only a little. I have 4 more of these bad boys, they will go to rest for a while.

Mostly curious to hear your guys' thoughts and also how it compares to the Celebracion and the Dark Corojo.
    JdN is one of my Favorite brands.

i love the Antaño. it is one of the few cigars that has power AND balance on every level.
    as amazing as it is, i think that it is one of the least impressive of their line.
    my favorite is the Celebracion, followed by the cabinetta, then the dark Corojo, then the Antaño then the classico, and last but not least the Fuerte

you really cant go wrong with this brand
    Balance and power sums it up nicely.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    kuzi16:
    JCizzle:

JdN is one of my Favorite brands.

i love the Antaño. it is one of the few cigars that has power AND balance on every level.
    as amazing as it is, i think that it is one of the least impressive of their line.
    my favorite is the Celebracion, followed by the cabinetta, then the dark Corojo, then the Antaño then the classico, and last but not least the Fuerte

you really cant go wrong with this brand
    Did you once post that the antano and celebracion were the same cigar with different wrappers? I liked the antano okay but I haven't lit up any of my celebracions yet, waiting for a good opportunity.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    im not sure it is the EXACT same blend but very close according to all descriptions i have ever seen.
    I have a Celebracion sitting here at my desk, I'm going to blaze it up shortly.
    If you can find it, the Antano Gran Reserva is a wonderful smoke. They don't make them anymore so they are a little tricky to come by, but they are the most flavorful and well balanced smoke JDN has made IMO.