Home General Discussion

5 Vegas Limitada 2011

sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
Any info on when/if this is coming out?

Comments

• Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    I cant wait I am a huge 5 vegas fan, the 2010 is a great cigar I think I am going to smoke one of them soon.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I've had the 06, 08, 09 and 10 and the 10 was my favorite, by far. Looking forward to this. Don't they usually come out around spring/summer?
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I've had 08-10, with 10 being my favorite. Sucks I wasn't into the hobby when the 06 came out (heard that there even might have been an 05).

I don't remember when they usually come out, but I thought I saw their "Past Present and Future" sampler come out in the beginning of last year that featured the 2010s. Following that logic, I was thinking there may be something similar for 2011

Really want to know the blend and who is making it this year.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    With the 06 that I smoked, you didn't miss much. I liked the 08, the 09 has potential but needs a long nap and the 10 was just right. That's one that's smokable now but should do well with a few years too. I have a few 07s that I want to get to eventually.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    My favorite 5 Vegas is the Cask Strength II. I have had an '08, '09, and have '10 waiting. '08 and '09 were ok but didn't wow me. Looking forward to the '11 coming out.
    jsnake:
    My favorite 5 Vegas is the Cask Strength II. I have had an '08, '09, and have '10 waiting. '08 and '09 were ok but didn't wow me. Looking forward to the '11 coming out.
    i liked the 10 alot more then the 09 havnt tried the 08 have 5 resting
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    April. This year being made by matssa
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Alex Svenson:
    April. This year being made by matssa
    Any preview on the blend? Tasting notes, wrapper/binder/filler origins, strength? I enjoy many of Quesada's blends, so I'll be looking forward to this one.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I have had the 06-09 and the 06 is by far the best! Actually just got some of them in a trade deal with Jozer and I'm damn glad to have them in the humi! He also sent an 07 I'm looking forward to trying, but I'll have to try the 2010 soon.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    I've smoked '08-'10 now, and having recently smoked that 2010 I too am looking forward to the 2011 release. 2008 was ok, but didn't wow me, and 2009 I didn't like at all; 2010, however, was very damn enjoyable.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I loved the '10 all around. Hopefully the 2011 can 'up the ante' so to speak...
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I hope the box doesn't look dumb like the '10 did.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    PuroFreak:
    I have had the 06-09 and the 06 is by far the best!
    i agree 100%
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I've had 06 - 10 and the 07 was my favorite. However, I have only had 1 06 so I might have to try another one.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    jsnake:
    Yeah, that 5 pound box didn't do them any favors with shipping.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    It is very nice but it has been a while since I smoked it. I think the last sample I burned was back in October of last year. It has a very oily wrapper from Ecuador. It is a hybrid seed that is proprietary to the matasa factory. If you like Matasa stuff, this is a good one. Leathery with some spiciness. Medium to full id say.
    is there any news on when ccom will get these or any news on what to expect from them?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Russ55:
    jsnake:
    Yeah, that 5 pound box didn't do them any favors with shipping.
    I think I am the only person on Earth that thought that box was hella cool. I just didn't care for the cigars that came in it, lol. I gotta throw in with the majority here, the '06 and '07 were by far my favorites, can't wait to try this one though. I'm also eager to see the box, I hope everyone else hates it again, lol.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I still have two of the 7's left and one lonely 06. The 08 box was the most useful, wish I hadn't broken it.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Yeah, I'd be cool with an ashtray box again too.
    i have smoked 08 09 and 10 i wish they still had 07 and 06 and even 05 to try and compare them