Home General Discussion

Arturo Fuente Anejo

mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
Do any of you BOTL's have a spare one of these that you would be willing to trade. I'd like to try one before the sale ends and would rather trade for one than buy one.

Or if you think its cheaper to buy here (keeping shipping in mind) which viatola would be a good test case. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    it probably is cheaper to just buy them here. If you like the OpusX you will like the Anejo. If you like Powerful maduros, you will like the anejo. if you are generally a fan of the Fuente Family, you should like em.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I have found the 46, 50, and 77 to be the best sizes.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    you won't regret it.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    I agrre with both Kuzi and Doc...the 50 and 46 are good as is the 77. quite frankly they are all excellent maduros.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I have a few Opus X's but they're currently resting, maybe I should break one out.

Thanks for the Recs. Doc
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I know everyone loves the #77 but my favorite is the #55. Now, there are a few sizes I haven't had. The new #60, #48 and I think the 50 but I'm not sure. It was either the 50 or 46. I'll have to measure the one I have at home and see. I'm pretty sure it is a 46 but not positive.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Just had my first Anejo yesterday. It was a #50. Very good cigar, but very powerful IMO. Not your morning Maduro. And an extremely slow smoke. I'm sure it would have lasted 2hrs if I wasn't such a speed smoker.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I'm probably gonna get a brick thrown at me for this, but I've smoked the 55 and really didn't care for it - good cigar, just didn't like the flavors. That said, how much does an Anejo change from vitola to vitola? Can I expect a game-changing flavor profile if I change the vitola up a bit?
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 136
    I found this smoke to be awesome paired with the New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ale.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    not sure which one i had but i did have my first one friday night. It was good from what i remember wasnt really focusing on the cigar was haning out with about 10 friends
    xmacro:
    I'm probably gonna get a brick thrown at me for this, but I've smoked the 55 and really didn't care for it - good cigar, just didn't like the flavors. That said, how much does an Anejo change from vitola to vitola? Can I expect a game-changing flavor profile if I change the vitola up a bit?
    different palates like different things. I like the 55, but not as much as the 77. I like the 46 and 48 as much as the 77 though.
  • ajacobsajacobs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 29
    I second just picking something up.  Most of the sizes are great.  This fall I got 4 boxes of 77's, 3 of 50's, 2 55's, 2 60's and one 48.

My favorite maduro by far.  Will pick up some more in may.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    This year's release are already smoking well, but show the potential to really turn into something great as well... Pick up a few, and put half of them to sleep for a year or two. You won't regret it...
    docbp87:
    This year's release are already smoking well, but show the potential to really turn into something great as well... Pick up a few, and put half of them to sleep for a year or two. You won't regret it...
    I usually rest some of mine until the next Christmas and then smoke them as the new Anejo is out at Christmas. keeps my stock in active rotation.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Thanks Gents, I ended up buying one of the Reserva 46. I'll smoke it and if its tasty i'll pick up some more.
    mfotis:
    Thanks Gents, I ended up buying one of the Reserva 46. I'll smoke it and if its tasty i'll pick up some more.
    I hope they are still as affordable as they are right now. They are normally twice the price but Ccom got some extra stock. Hope you enjoy the Anejo as much as we do.
    oops - double post